PDA

View Full Version : toy box help please

cockneyrebel
26-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Hi i wounder if some kind person out there might be able to help me out i am quite new to cncing i am after making a toy box i have uploaded a file for you to have a look at this toy box looks like it all just inter locks into its self. my question is has some one got a file already made that i can use please the cutting soft ware i use is mack 3 and also vcarve pro just to say thanks you if you can help me Tom11709

dazza
27-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Hi i wounder if some kind person out there might be able to help me out i am quite new to cncing i am after making a toy box i have uploaded a file for you to have a look at this toy box looks like it all just inter locks into its self. my question is has some one got a file already made that i can use please the cutting soft ware i use is mack 3 and also vcarve pro just to say thanks you if you can help me Tom11709
that should be a doddle for you to knock up in cad or v carve what sort of size do you want it to be and thickness of material

theres a bunch of dxf's here might be of use to you Free Woodworking Plans and Misc CAD Files for Woodwoworkers (http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/cadfiles/misc.htm)

cockneyrebel
27-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Hi thanks for the reply thats easy for you to say it will be a doddle for me lol the size i was hopeing to do is 600w 450d 500h

EddyCurrent
27-02-2014, 10:54 PM
If your machine can handle that size it's no harder to make it small or big.

GEOFFREY
28-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Hi, I will draw it up for you and send it as a dxf file, but you would have to put your own cutter paths on. Let me knowif you want me to do that. G.

dazza
28-02-2014, 08:20 PM
nice one Geoff I was going to offer but have no cad or cam at the minute after repairing windows.

JAZZCNC
01-03-2014, 02:08 PM
nice one Geoff I was going to offer but have no cad or cam at the minute after repairing windows.

Why not did you throw computer through window first. .:hysterical:

cockneyrebel
02-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Hi Geoffrey sorry i have not reply till now been working away but i like to take you up on you offer if you dont mind that would help me out so much and also it will give me a good idea on how to do something like this many thanks Tom

GEOFFREY
02-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Hi Tom, I will look at it tomorrow. Let me know if you want any initials etc. on the box. G.

cockneyrebel
02-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Thanks Geoffrey i look forward to that thanks have you made one of these boxes before ? and could you please put emily toy box on it many thanks

GEOFFREY
02-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Hi Tom, no I have never made a toy box before, but I can soon draw that up for you. I make doll houses and miniature furniture and accessories etc., but can make almost anything - except money!!! I will PM you with the DXF file when ready. G.

Neale
03-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Great that someone can put a design together for you, but as you say you have vCarve Pro, it would be fairly easy to do the design with that. Have you looked at the Vectric tutorials online? They're pretty good at walking you through how the software works. Might help when someone sees your first version and wants one "almost like that but a bit bigger" or somesuch!

Mike69r
09-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Hi Geoffrey sorry for jumping into conversation could you please forward me the DXF for box I can put my daughters name and she wants 1direction carved on box haha. This is my first post as a new member so like to say hello to you guys.

GEOFFREY
09-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Hi Geoffrey sorry for jumping into conversation could you please forward me the DXF for box I can put my daughters name and she wants 1direction carved on box haha. This is my first post as a new member so like to say hello to you guys.

Hi Mike, I am quite happy to send you the DXF file, but last time could not get it to go via PM on forum. If you send me a PM giving your email address I will send it to you. Simply delete any text etc. that you don't want and put your own on, or tell me what you want and I will do it for you. G.

Mike69r
10-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Great Geoffrey thanks very much youre a legend my I will get this cut and assembled give my daughter a surprise.

Clive S
10-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Great Geoffrey thanks very much youre a legend my Email is ***** I will get this cut and assembled give my daughter a surprise.Mike you might want to sort of hide your email as you are asking to get scammed ie put the word (and instead of @) and change . . . to dot etc ..Clive

Mike69r
10-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Cheers Clive you are right there doooh

GEOFFREY
10-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Hi Mike, I did suggest that you PM me email rather than post for all the world to see. Anyway, I will hunt out that file and send it. G.

Clive S
10-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Cheers Clive you are right there dooohMike you can go and edit your own post if you wish. ..Clive

Lee Roberts
10-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Guys I've removed Mikes email address from Clives quote and it looks as though Mike managed to remove it from his original post on his own.

Contact me on things like this guys its only by chance I read this thread or I wouldn't have been able to help. I've got it pretty much setup so you can help yourselves for the most part but honestly I really dont mind being contacted if you need me, quickest route is to click the "report post" icon next to the one for giving thanks, ill get an instant email and there is an option to give a reason.

.Me

Clive S
10-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Guys I've removed Mikes email address from Clives quote and it looks as though Mike managed to remove it from his original post on his own. Lee silly me, I advised Mike and yet still put his quote in without thinking, Thanks. ..Clive

Lee Roberts
11-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Lee silly me, I advised Mike and yet still put his quote in without thinking, Thanks. ..Clive

No problem Clive, I will add something to the forum guide lines regarding this, I could make a plugin that detects things like email address's in posts and removes them, so much to do...

.Me