View Full Version : mini hold down clamps

05-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi guys, Any idea where I can find mini hold down clamps for a T-slot table?

I need something like this: UJK Technology Hold Down Clamp - Router Table Accessories - Router Tables - Routers & Trimmers - Power Tools | Axminster.co.uk (http://www.axminster.co.uk/ujk-technology-hold-down-clamps?gclid=CPjw2f3S-7wCFQcTwwodAbMALA)
except that is probably too big for my machine table.

Rockler in the US do a mini version of their hold down clamps. They are 3" long: Mini Deluxe Hold-Down Clamp - Special Application Clamps - Clamps (http://www.rockler.com/mini-deluxe-hold-down-clamp)
except they don't seem to ship to the UK. Any ideas where I might find something similar in the UK?

05-03-2014, 03:23 PM
I use a couple of the 8mm small clamp sets from here for most work Clamping Sets & Accessories - Arc Euro Trade (http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Workholding/Clamping-Sets)

05-03-2014, 06:05 PM
I use these (http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-148-piece-jig-making-set) which were on special offer a couple of weeks back for about 20 the set. I needed to make some little aluminium sliders to adapt them for my 3/4" track, and for the clamp bars I just use scraps of ply, hardwood, or whatever comes to hand and fits for any given job - just bang a 7mm hole in the appropriate place, dig out some packing, and away you go. But it depends on what you're clamping and cutting forces involved, of course.

05-03-2014, 06:13 PM
I just use some bits of 25x8mm flat with one clearance hole (for m8 thread, but it could be a slot) and another tapped hole near the end. I then just have a set screw in the tapped hole to set material thickness and you would need a tee - nut in the centre (mine are fixed round the edges as I only use sheet material. Basically the same as you show, but more versatile as it allows greater flexibility for material thickness. these clamps have cost virtually nothing, but are priceless!!! A wingnut locks the adjusting screw in position if necessary. G.

05-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the replies,

I guess I might need a bit of rubber over the end for some grip and to protect the workpiece a bit.