PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: USA guy looking for help with UK Eley & Warren height gauge power supply or pinout

Oversight13
23-03-2014, 02:41 AM
I have an Eley & Warren Micro Vertex 500-750 height gauge that did not come with the external power box.11907
So, I can't power the controller up, or even attempt to power it up. Eley hasn't been responsive yet to my emails. Can anyone point me to an independent UK calibration lab or other resource that might be enough familiar with this class of height gauges to help me? (I'm not asking for help for free.) A pinout of the 15-pin D-sub RS-232 connector would be cool. I guess that +5v or +12v positive and negative currents would do the trick, but I'm not an electronics guy. So far I have, effectively, a potential air-bearing height transfer gauge. What would be really cool would be to buy a power box and a user or technical manual. I think this machine was built around 1988. Ask me any questions that seem pertinent.

EddyCurrent
23-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Maybe you could ask here ?

USED METROLOGY EQUIPMENT WESTERN TOOLING BRISTOL (http://www.western-tooling.co.uk/)

Oversight13
24-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Maybe you could ask here ?

USED METROLOGY EQUIPMENT WESTERN TOOLING BRISTOL (http://www.western-tooling.co.uk/)

Great! I'll send them a mail. So far, their site lists Eley granite plates, they seem to be a Tesa shop for height gauges, but one thing leads to another. Again, thanks a bunch!

petesurrey
29-09-2015, 10:46 PM
Did you manage to sort a power supply out?
i have three of these units and only one power supply.

I am making two power supply's for mine and happy to make third if you still need

Oversight13
30-09-2015, 01:48 AM

I am making two power supply's for mine and happy to make third if you still need

Yes, I'm still interested in getting a power supply, also, the control panels seem to be fragile, does anyone know how to repair them?

I don't know much about this message board, such as private messages, you can email me directly, with costs listed, to: [email protected]
I'll reply with more contact info.

Oversight13
02-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Haven't seen any email from you yet.

Oversight13
02-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Haven't seen any email from you yet. I'm still keen on getting a power supply, also have located 2 more of these height gages, but neither are operational.

Giff
27-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Hi
Can anyone help me with a user manual for this machine - well, actually I have a user manual for the machine in Oversight13's original post (if anyone needs a copy let me know) but I need one for my machine which has the more complex keypad, see photo. It would be great if anyone has a copy of this. 28219

Oversight13
28-05-2020, 07:14 AM
Hi
Can anyone help me with a user manual for this machine - well, actually I have a user manual for the machine in Oversight13's original post (if anyone needs a copy let me know) but I need one for my machine which has the more complex keypad, see photo. It would be great if anyone has a copy of this. 28219

I'm Oversight13. One, I'd like a copy of the manual you have. Two, I believe I have a manual that will work with your fancy panel. I have three of these gages; one with a red panel, two of a different layout. I also have three manuals, that came with one of the pair of gages. It would be great if I could communicate with anyone that has any knowledge of these height gages. I don't have any working, just in storage for now. I can pay for help, or parts, as needed. Look at my pics, maybe we can help each other.

Multizaf
03-12-2020, 04:45 PM
HI
Because i saw someone already looking for instructions for vertex I'm also interested in copy 29209

i will be relay happy since mine gauge is in French langue ( i need english instruction Manual)

Best regards from Slovenija and stay healthy.

Giff
04-12-2020, 04:35 PM
Hi
I can send you a couple of manuals, both in English.
They are rather large scans so let me know how to send them to you.
Cheers
Giff

Drewjg
14-07-2021, 06:27 PM
Hi giff
(New member)
Just seen your post regarding Eley & Warren Micro Vertex 500-750 height gauge
Is there any chance that I can also get a copy?
Thank you in advance
Drew

Aeroforma
10-11-2022, 12:40 PM
Hi
I can send you a couple of manuals, both in English.
They are rather large scans so let me know how to send them to you.
Cheers
Giff

Hi Giff,

I'm just trying to make contact with you via a few different forums, I hope you don't mind?
Do you still have the manuals for the EM Micro Vetex 500-750? The one with the upgraded display?31376
If so, would you scan me a copy please?

Many thanks
Aeroforma

faffo
16-11-2022, 04:29 PM

I petesurrey,
My company has one of these machines but the input cable with 12-pin connector is damaged.
Do you have a connection diagram to restore it?
Would you be so kind as to share it?

Thanks