PDA

View Full Version : coloured delrin/acetal uk suppliers?

dazza
27-03-2014, 05:03 PM
ive been looking for a uk supplier for coloured acetal or delrin plate... red.. green blue.. etc
preferably an online shop and not someone I have to email for a price..wait for a reply..if any one could recommend a place,thanks ;)

proddy
18-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Hi, I was looking for coloured acetal myself a while ago, the best place I found was plastics4u.co.uk, only had black or white acetal in stock but they said if the order is big enough, other colours can be produced. ....hope this helps....good luck

Jonathan
18-04-2014, 05:05 PM
This (http://www.directplastics.co.uk/) is the place I've used. If the type of plastic is not so important then you can get a wider selection of colours. There may be somewhere cheaper now, no idea...

dazza
18-04-2014, 06:48 PM
thanks both.
jon that's where I get my acetal from,am not keen on moving from acetal/delrin and would need to be 20mm thick plate,i just fancied knocking up a few parts I make in other colours,there seems to be more options out there for round bar.

luke11cnc
25-05-2014, 11:46 AM
That's a interesting Link Jonathan I'm interested in the Tufnol can this item be tapped to use as a bed ?

James

Jonathan
26-05-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm interested in the Tufnol can this item be tapped to use as a bed ?

Yes, I think so, but if you compare the price of Tufnol from that site to aluminium in reasonable quantities, then it's only about 20-25% cheaper than aluminium so I'd stick with the latter. One not so obvious advantage of using aluminium for the bed is if the part is clamped directly to the bed, the aluminium will conduct the heat out of it quite well - not the case for plastics.