PDA

View Full Version : Hair growth device. DIY version

gavztheouch
27-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Bit of a strange project really, I have been losing my hair for about 2 years, im now 28. I decided to have a look around to see if there were any safe treatments I could try to keep the hairs on my head. Short answer is no, most hair loss drugs fundamentally change your bodies chemistry usually by inhibiting one chemical or another systemically. Then I came across this patent posted on another forum(see link below). Its electro mechanical and had some impressive photos to back up the results so I though I would have a go at making one as you cannot currently buy one of these yet.

IB2012057041 APPARATUS FOR STIMULATING HAIR GROWTH AND/OR PREVENTING HAIR LOSS (http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2013084189&recNum=123&maxRec=45356&office=&prevFilter=&sortOption=&queryString=robotics&tab=PCT+Biblio)

Basically it is a set of copper and zinc plated discs with a voltage differential across the plates causing the discs to give up some zinc and copper ions which are then transferred into the skin.

here is my first attempt...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/Gavztheouch/camera_zpsyrvwk22h.jpg

JAZZCNC
27-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Like Death & Tax's Man you can't avoid hair Loss trust me on this.!. . .:hysterical:

GEOFFREY
27-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Watch out that you don't end up with ginger hair - unless that's what you started with or want. G.

gavztheouch
27-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Watch out that you don't end up with ginger hair - unless that's what you started with or want. G.

I think you may have just conviced me to bin the prototype. Lol

Come on Jazz don't try and convice me you won't be trying this out tonight.

EddyCurrent
27-03-2014, 10:24 PM
It looks more like a dehorner for cows, which reminds me, some people say cow shite works wonders rubbed into your scalp.

GEOFFREY
27-03-2014, 10:54 PM
It looks more like a dehorner for cows, which reminds me, some people say cow shite works wonders rubbed into your scalp.

Worth a try Gav? G.

asbo
28-03-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm only 23 and mines nearly all gone at the front, damn you genes!
I'm certainly eager to hear the results :emmersed:

EddyCurrent
28-03-2014, 09:55 PM
I've just noticed my avatar has a similar device fitted but she's still bald, hang on though, maybe 'she' was a 'he' before using it, there's side effects with most therapies you know.

GEOFFREY
29-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Eddiy, Ithought that saintly figure was a selfie!!! G.

EddyCurrent
29-03-2014, 10:39 PM
You're right, that's my hairdresser on the right hand side, I'm saying to the bloke on the left, "switch on the hair restorer device"
he's saying "don't be stupid, look at the state of you now after only two day's use"

JAZZCNC
29-03-2014, 10:56 PM
That bloke on right just looks like a teacher I had at school " Boggy Braidan".!!. . . Proper Nasty old bastard who used to beat the shit out of ya if you so much as looked at him funny.! . . . . . And I don't resent him one bit because after being Married to Teacher for 20yrs and last 12yrs with Head Teacher Girlfirend I can tell you it's exactly what's lacking in schools today.!! . . . . . ADHD my arse 98% just need a Good hiding..:black_eyed:

EddyCurrent
29-03-2014, 11:05 PM
I used to get the stick quite regular at school and as you say, looking back, it was no bad thing because I knew why I was getting it, I tend to agree with your hypothesis.

JAZZCNC
30-03-2014, 12:25 AM
I used to get the stick quite regular at school and as you say, looking back, it was no bad thing because I knew why I was getting it, I tend to agree with your hypothesis.

Oh my mate Stan and me where proper little twats, so much so we had a desk outside head masters office and our own set of Cains and can honestly say we probably deserved every beating we took ,but while we pushed them we knew the boundrys which they don't today.
Problem is that while there'll always be Stan's & Dean's pushing boundry's the threat of getting the Stick stopped and kept 95% in line where today there is no threat and teachers can't say Boo to the kids without parent's kicking off and the kids know this so 95% playup.!!

I hated most the teachers and every minute of school, the very first day I legged it and for the Last 3yrs didn't even go instead choosing to work in family motor Enginnering business. Now in some ways I regret not going to school but in contrast I've done ok without it but the most Ironic thing being from age of 16 I met and married a teacher, divorced teacher after 20yrs then met another teacher who I've been with for last 12yrs so you could say I never left school enviroment. . . :hysterical:

Lee Roberts
30-03-2014, 06:11 PM

I pardon your beg Geoffrey?

GEOFFREY
30-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Oh dear, have you got ginger nuts Lee?

Lee Roberts
30-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Oh dear, have you got ginger nuts Lee?

Not any moore as I just eaten the last one :eek:, however I do have strawbruy blond pu'blick hair (when I let it grow) :D

EddyCurrent
30-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Too much information there I believe :uncomfortableness: