PDA

View Full Version : Vertical router design

EddyCurrent
28-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Came across this if any use to vertical builders, not a bad website for info.

Be sure to scroll down the page.

https://www.buildyourcnc.com/item/cnc-machine-greenLean-v1

Ger21
28-03-2014, 06:21 PM
not a bad website for info

Unless you want good info.
He's making a lot of money selling poor performing, rather expensive machines to people that don't know they can get 10x the machine for the same amount of money.

JAZZCNC
28-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Unless you want good info.
He's making a lot of money selling poor performing, rather expensive machines to people that don't know they can get 10x the machine for the same amount of money.

Well said Gerry couldn't agree more.!

Now speaking from my experience of having a vertical machine I can guarantee that design is going to be plagued with trouble from the begining. There are so many flaws which unless you've used a machine vertical are not obvious. Then mix in the rubbbish he's using for motion Ie Skate bearings and Chain sprockets it's recipe for head banging and frustration which at that price it most definately should not be.!
I can't believe people actually buy these kit things at that money because it's essentially 2 sheets of MDF @ £40 and £150 of hardware. Then it comes flat packed and as to be assembled.!!. . . . . I actually feel for those that do buy because the sickening realisation they've made the dumbest buying decision of there life must sting like hell.!!

Ger21
28-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Most never realize it. The main moderator on their forum constantly preaches that they can't expect industrial performance from their hobby grade machines, and they all seem to buy into it.
I guess if you're willing to pay $4000 for a few sheets of plywood, you'll believe just about anything.

gavztheouch
28-03-2014, 09:07 PM
I bet they don't use these machines to cut the kits they sell..

EddyCurrent
28-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Shit ! did I say something wrong ? :sorrow:

JAZZCNC
29-03-2014, 11:22 AM
I bet they don't use these machines to cut the kits they sell..

Shit ! did I say something wrong ? :sorrow:

No they built something wrong. .Lol

My personal dislike for Kits like this comes from dealing and helping people who have un-wittingly bought them thinking they are more than they are only to be sadly dissapointed. It's Not too bad when it's couple hundred pounds as you can call it the hard price of learning but when it's few thousand then to me it's sickening to see.
For this reason you'll never see me refer to or positively promote them and I'll ALWAYS negatively comment on any post's about them just so others see it and hopefully take a step back and look deeper.:thumbdown: . . . . . If they still buy after that then more fools them.!

Web Goblin
29-03-2014, 01:21 PM
That's cute. Nearly as bad as one very well liked company on here ( being sarcastic here )selling kits on ebay for nearly 9K and its got loads of watchers. I cant believe some people would actually buy it.

JAZZCNC
29-03-2014, 02:15 PM
That's cute. Nearly as bad as one very well liked company on here ( being sarcastic here )selling kits on ebay for nearly 9K and its got loads of watchers. I cant believe some people would actually buy it.

Yes there's load "Dice'y Merchants" making a killing from the unknowing.!!. . . . . So Lets keep Educating them lads and while it's a fight we can't win the bruise's we inflict still hurt..:beaten:

mekanik
29-03-2014, 02:21 PM
I just find it hard to believe that anyone would spend that sort of cash without doing any research on construction, its should be obvious that you cant work to any sort of tolerance or repeatability on something that large using such a construction.
Mike

EddyCurrent
29-03-2014, 10:04 PM
When I started this thread I thought the machine was made from metal, they must have done a good paint job on it, so hope I everyone knows I would not have started this had I known it was wood.

JAZZCNC
29-03-2014, 10:36 PM
When I started this thread I thought the machine was made from metal, they must have done a good paint job on it, so hope I everyone knows I would not have started this had I known it was wood.

Eddy it's worse than that.? . . It's not even real that's a Cad Render they darn't show the real thing. . :hysterical:

EddyCurrent
29-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Specsavers ?