PDA

View Full Version : Site Home Page

magicniner
05-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Shows a Weightlifter in a Blue Pinafore operating a manual drill press, I don't say this lightly, as I generally despise TXT Speak, but LOL :-)

EddyCurrent
05-04-2014, 04:38 PM
If you liked that then watch this, it might be the same bloke but he grew a beard ?

Through The Eyes Of The Dead - Guitar Cover - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfDBKG5bbSY)

magicniner
05-04-2014, 04:57 PM
No, I don't like it. ;-)
I also don't like the pointless home page, with no content except the invitation to click the only available link, it smacks of half-arsed slipshod web development :-(
It's not dificult to automatically redirect, excep it seems is for the developer here, I've done better whilst asleep! :-]

- Nick

routercnc
05-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Thought it was just my machine playing about but clearly not. A better idea would be a picture of a cnc related image as a brief splash screen, followed by a re-direct to the forum. Or just leave it as it was . . .

magicniner
05-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Or an offline develpment copy of the site for testing and general buggering about with prior to copying to the live site, but hey, that might smack too much of professionalism ;-)

Web Goblin
05-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Noticed this last week. Pain in the arse and completely pointless as Nick says. I just reset my favourite link again to the forum home page.

Jonathan
05-04-2014, 10:16 PM
I recall many months ago ago a conversation with Lee where he said it would link to several sites, in which case the recently added page would make sense. Until then though I agree it's completely pointless and just wastes everyone's time.

EddyCurrent
05-04-2014, 10:31 PM
It's never bothered me because I never land on that page, my link always takes me directly to this forum

Jonathan
05-04-2014, 10:35 PM
It's never bothered me because I never land on that page, my link always takes me directly to this forum

It's mildly annoying for me as I often log on to the site using university computers, so now I have to append "/forum" to the URL to get to the right page. But I can cope ;)

m_c
06-04-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm glad I'm not alone in my criticism of how the site is run :)