PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New member

MIAPISH
03-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Hi everybody, my name is Dave, i`m an old time machine tool builder and current motorcyclist. I enjoy any type of machining except cnc. which is way beyond me.I would rather turn the handles than press a keyboard.Looking forward to reading the letters.
bye for now Dave

Smiler
04-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi MIAPISH, welcome to MYCNCUK. Please take the time to view the FAQ section for answers to questions you may have, if you're building a new machine be sure to start a new Build Log detailing your progress so far!

Not so sure this is an appropriate welcome for a guy who doesn't like CNC and therefore is unlikey to be building a machine.

Never been a fan of automated welcomes, it's lazy.**

Anyway, to MAIPISH, welcome to the forum, not sure what you will get from it, you being a dinosaur and all but maybe we can turn you to the dark side before we are through :D:D.

And no, it is not beyond you, really it isn't. If I can do it, so can you, you are a machinist, you obviously can use a computer so you are 50% the way there!

Regards, Jeff.

**(only kidding Lee, I'm sure you are hard at it, whatever "it" is);)

Lee Roberts
04-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi Dave, thanks for joining. I think you will be at home here as we have other members who machine by hand as well.

Hi Jeff
The auto msg is on my list of jobs to update and make better/good for all new members but like you said i'm "hard at it, whatever "it" is" so it will be changed at some point.

Smiler
04-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the forum MIAPISH..... I think :D I did some manual work today...OK so I used the pendant to do some face milling.....Bikes are fun!

Funnily enough, I did the same yesterday. Face milled a block of ally using the MPG and then when I got fed up of that, the XBox360 controller :)

First time I've tried milling ally on my router and I was amazed at the result, it was really very nice indeed.

Regards, Jeff.

MIAPISH
04-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks for all the welcome messages,i look forward to being converted from a dinasoar to a `lazy machinist` but in the mean time i must try t keep the grey matter up to speed. Looking forward to reading all the progress reports on cnc machine builds etc.cheers dave.

MIAPISH
05-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Surely it`s the machine thats busy, not the engineer who is actually drinkng tea.but as stated previously i look forward to being converted,but not so that i can waste time drinking tea!

Smiler
05-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Surely it`s the machine thats busy, not the engineer who is actually drinkng tea.but as stated previously i look forward to being converted,but not so that i can waste time drinking tea!

So true Dave. Once I set the machine off, I find I am like a fifth wheel :biggrin: I'm only needed for a tool change and to keep my hand over the "Deary, Deary me, it's going to explode" button.

Regards, Jeff.

Lee Roberts
06-05-2009, 12:52 AM
"effin ell" button.

.... :exclaim:

Smiler
10-05-2009, 09:52 AM
the "Deary, Deary me, it's going to explode" button.

Happy now?

Sorry I told you about the eBay ballscrew now.....
;) Where's the winking smiley gone anyway?????

Jeff.

Lee Roberts
10-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Happy now?

Sorry I told you about the eBay ballscrew now.....
;) Where's the winking smiley gone anyway?????

Jeff.

There was/is no problem with what you put mate, you made me :lol:.

The wink smiley is here look: :wink:

Its 15 smiley's across, on the top row. Also the most furtherist Top, Right of the "Smilies collection box". :joker::dance::naughty: