PDA

View Full Version : Do you allow price check threads?

dynamis_dk
15-04-2014, 11:25 AM
I got a couple ballscrew setups cheap and decided they are far heavier duty than I'll ever need so wondered about selling them on but don't really have any exact model to gauge pricing on.

Is the forum happy to do rough price guiding before something gets added as a for sale?

EddyCurrent
15-04-2014, 12:14 PM
You know what you paid therefore you know what you would be happy to sell them for. I would just put them up for sale at that price and ask for best offers.
With regard to prices that might interest people in this forum you should look at ebay and AliExpress for similar products, not forgetting to take into account VAT and courier charges.

dynamis_dk
15-04-2014, 12:16 PM
I know what I paid but not what they are worth if that makes sense. If u can't get input directly from the community I'll try to do a bit if research on it see if I can get a ball park, cheers :)

EddyCurrent
15-04-2014, 12:19 PM
You posted when I was editing my first post, please reread it.

dynamis_dk
15-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Ooh thanks for that lol, using tapatalk on the iPhone and I'm not sure there's any way to tell if something is being editing so I replied straight away :)

Clive S
15-04-2014, 12:21 PM
I know what I paid but not what they are worth if that makes sense. If u can't get input directly from the community I'll try to do a bit if research on it see if I can get a ball park, cheers :)

Why don't you just post a picture with sizes and the pitch etc. and ask for an opinion. ..Clive

dynamis_dk
15-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Well some forums don't allow for price check threads full stop so being new around these parts I didn't want to presume so asked the initial question. If there's nothing agains price checks I'll get some photos sorted and pop a couple up.

longy
15-04-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm looking for ball screws what size do have ? let me know please.
Mike

Lee Roberts
15-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Seems odd to me that a forum or its owners wouldn't allow such threads, feel free to post such threads here Dyna.

If you have any questions or feedback please contact us directly using the "contact form" located at the bottom of this page for a speedy and official response.

.Me

GEOFFREY
16-04-2014, 08:44 AM
It would seem to me that if anyone has something to sell, they should know what they paid, know what they want ( can always use ebay etc to see what similar items sell for). This type of forum should not be used to try to form an auction, or to screw the highest price out of what is in effect a captive audience. Decide how much you want and post the prices. That's my opinion anyway. G.

johnsattuk
16-04-2014, 09:48 AM
It would seem to me that if anyone has something to sell, they should know what they paid, know what they want ( can always use ebay etc to see what similar items sell for). This type of forum should not be used to try to form an auction, or to screw the highest price out of what is in effect a captive audience. Decide how much you want and post the prices. That's my opinion anyway. G.

Ditto :thumsup:

dynamis_dk
16-04-2014, 09:56 AM
A few of you have a very automatic negative opinion, I'm not entirely sure what I have done to make you think I'm looking to screw anyone or form an auction - I was simplest after a educated stab at what a fair resale price is for an item I'm unfamiliar with and thought the knowledge base of the forum might have been able to suggest something fair.

EddyCurrent
16-04-2014, 10:30 AM
I got a couple ballscrew setups cheap . . .

I think saying this was your mistake, now everyone expects to buy them cheap.
Never reveal what you paid.

dynamis_dk
16-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Yeah maybe your right... I'm getting the feeling eBay might just be easier which is something I didn't see myself saying any time soon lol

JAZZCNC
16-04-2014, 10:54 AM
To me it Doesn't matter if you payed a £1 or found it under a bush everything as a value and if it's fair price then I buy it, if your too expensive then Jog on.! . . How you come across it is your bee's wax not mine or anyone else's.!

Now if you want an idea of price then we need more info on what you have so why not start again with some info.!

dynamis_dk
16-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Cheers Jazz, that's pretty much what I feel but you just put it better lol.

I'll get a few pictures tonight and some details so you can see what's what :)

GEOFFREY
16-04-2014, 11:29 AM
I did not suggest selling on ebay, I merely suggested using ebay to give you an idea of what items sell for. Indeed what you paid is irrelevant, good luck to you if you if you make a good profit. I suspect that the reason that some forums do not allow your sort of post has become obvious by the different opinions that have been expressed here. G.

JAZZCNC
16-04-2014, 12:51 PM
To be honest i'd much rather someone ask about what some things worth than just offer it up for sale cheap only to realise they have under valued it when someone instantly snatches it up then not want to sell it.
This happened to me quite awhile ago when someone came across a load of machine parts and didn't realise what they had bought. I instantly jumped in and made an offer for the Job lot.!! . . . Now me being the straight type of person I did this to help the guy and I didn't really want them (thou was prepared to buy them) I just knew they where too cheap so I put him in the picture told him what they where worth along with identifing lots of other high value parts that he didn't have a clue were worth. All I really wanted where a few servo motors so after several conversasions on phone and emails etc identifying parts and valueing parts for him on the understanding he could keep the parts I made offer on and sell at correct value if I just could have a few servo's at right price but the greedy Bastard stuffed me a sold the lot to someone else and I never got a servo or thank you.!!

My mistake because I was too nice and should have just bought the lot I made the offer for but it's Ok because I don't forget and only get bitten one time plus every dog as his day.!! . . . . So as you see I'd much rather someone ask the price then I make a fair offer and everyones happy.

GEOFFREY
16-04-2014, 03:00 PM
To my mind the seller should decide what selling price he wants ( after market research) and then offer the items for sale. On a forum such as this the so called "perceived" value of an item is purely subjective, and someone who has recently bought a similar item at new price will not necessarily have the same opinion as that of someone that has bought a used item from Korea for instance. Research selling prices, decide on a fair price and then offer for sale - that's my two pennorth anyway. G.

dynamis_dk
16-04-2014, 03:09 PM
I would argue than my effort to find its value via a forum of experiences cnc fans would count as market research :)

JAZZCNC
16-04-2014, 03:33 PM
To my mind the seller should decide what selling price he wants ( after market research) and then offer the items for sale. On a forum such as this the so called "perceived" value of an item is purely subjective, and someone who has recently bought a similar item at new price will not necessarily have the same opinion as that of someone that has bought a used item from Korea for instance. Research selling prices, decide on a fair price and then offer for sale - that's my two pennorth anyway. G.

Geoffrey What you seem to be missing is the fact guy did not offer them for sale he simply asked for advise on what they could be worth then at which point he would offer them for sale in the appropriate place.! . . . . . Your actually jumping on the guy for doing exactly what you said should be done with this comment.!!

Research selling prices, decide on a fair price and then offer for sale - that's my two pennorth anyway. G.

What's the difference between you asking advise on which ballscrews to use and Him asking advise what same ballscrews are worth.? . . . . Nothing wrong what so ever in my mind as thats part of what the forum is all about.!. . Helping with advise.!

dynamis_dk
16-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Heres a quick rundown of the parts, any item numbers etc I can see and a quick photo. More then happy to take any other angles needed if it helps.

http://www.violentangel.net/stuff/sale/cncstuff.jpg

Two setups, make up of the below parts:

THK BF15 End block (with bearings)
THK BK15 End block (With Bearings)
Ballnut - Zero Backlash Double internal Ball (85mm long / 63mm flange, 6 mounting holes and threaded hole for grease nipple)
Following is wrote on the body.
PIM9739
785701-01

ballscrew - 10mm pitch, 25mm. End to end = 410mm, total ballscrew movement 220mm. 12mm shaft to mount to stepper/servo etc.

Any ideas gratefully received...

GEOFFREY
16-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Jazz, I read every post that you make and am aware that many forum members have only managed to complete their machines owing to the help and advice that you so willingly give. I guess on this one we will just have to agree to to disagree - you have your opinions on the matter and I have mine, but I still love you!!! G.

JAZZCNC
16-04-2014, 09:11 PM
you have your opinions on the matter and I have mine, but I still love you!!! G.

I never stopped loving you Geoffrey, never will my friend. .:couple_inlove: . . . Just wanted to point out he only asked for advise and in return got jumped on.!! . . . . must say thou it Makes a change it's not me doing the jumping..:hysterical:

GEOFFREY
16-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Jazz, I'm seventy years old with prostate problems. so not much jumping from me nowadays. G.

Web Goblin
16-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Done the same type of helpful bit as Jazz in the past and got stiffed as well and learned from it. If your selling something put a price on it that you think is correct and you will be happy with. If buying then pay what your happy with. If its too expensive then wait for another one to come along in your price range. Unless of course you just want to get in before Jazz buys it.

GTJim
16-04-2014, 09:58 PM
My mistake

dynamis_dk
16-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Few posts above - http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/marketplace-discussion/7415-do-you-allow-price-check-threads-3.html#post57364