PDA

View Full Version : Wiring in power and E-stop on DIYCNC Board

m.marino
06-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi Folks,

Have moved up to a DIYCNC BOB and driver boards (PCPSS-3PS & 25PS drivers). Have wired it all up and wife is getting the 25 pin female to female so that can hook up the parallel cable this afternoon. Only looking at which way would be best for setting up the E-stop.

Looking at putting it beofre the power supply as the kills it all dead and stops it cold, but than it also does just that. The question is what is the best way using the above boards and a 2NC Estop (I can put another NC in the switch housing as there is room) to wire things up for both safety and control of the system (so it will stop and if possible be able to be repowered without complete loss of any of the systems down stream. It also looks like I am going to need a power switch as the PS does not ome with one but that is not a problem nor is it critical at this point (power cords with circut breakers do have secondary functions).

Thanks for any and all help.

Michael

m.marino
06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Okay,

Having read through Mach3 site a bit and decided to run the E-stop on the AC side of the PSU and will add a second 2NC switch internal to the E-stop and wire it into the pin 15 point on the BOB.

Now the next problem is I am getting all the LED's lit up but nothing on the board movement. On the DIYCNC BOB the notes don't say whether the jumper needs to be engaged to use the charge pump or not (I believe it does from what I can figure).

I have Three six lead unipolar motors that I have wired in without the centre tap being wired in on advise from a few other CNC operators and they said that it would be okay to wire it that way. Soooooo, as I go slightly:joker:.
The parallel port is an add on card and uses LPT3 and I/O e800, Soooo.... ....I have been trying to get the card to work porperly and need to know if I should be using port one instead of port two and will give a bit more detail later so those who wish can help as able.

Michael

Smiler
10-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Okay,

Now the next problem is I am getting all the LED's lit up but nothing on the board movement. On the DIYCNC BOB the notes don't say whether the jumper needs to be engaged to use the charge pump or not (I believe it does from what I can figure).

Michael

You really don't want wiring advice from me :biggrin: But I can help with the CP jumper. It should be OFF for normal operation and you tell Mach to generate the 12KHz signal on PIN 1. The CP light should come on once you have cleared the Reset. You only need to use the jumper if you need to bypass the chargepump function (not a good idea on a live machine). If you have bypassed the CP with the jumper and you still have no motors moving, the problem is elsewhere.

Regards, Jeff.