PDA

View Full Version : Mach3 ports and pin setup to match my control box

Sparky
07-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Hello all, I am a newbie to this site, so I hope I have posted under the right topic heading. Anyway, I have just plugged in my Mill/router connected to the super box cnc controller. I am using Mach3 Mill.
The problem I have is all 3 Axis's move in the wrong direction. Has anyone got any ideas please?
Regards
sparky

EddyCurrent
08-05-2014, 09:21 AM
First check you have the wiring correct, if yes then in Mach3 got to, 'Config' / 'Ports and Pins' / 'Motor Outputs', then change the state of 'Dir LowActive' for your motors

Sparky
08-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Thanks Eddy that worked. Now I have a problem that when I do zero return to home the limit switch does not stop the axis. I tried this by trying to over ride it before it got to it with a metal object. The light on the switch does come on when touched with the metal object but the axis still keeps moving.
Regards
Sparky

EddyCurrent
08-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Just to be clear, do you mean 'home switches' or 'limits' ?

Sparky
08-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Home switches

EddyCurrent
08-05-2014, 04:11 PM
In Mach3 'Config' / 'Ports and Pins' / 'Input Signals', make sure you have the correct 'Port #' and 'Pin Number' for the 'Home' inputs, also make sure the 'Enabled' boxes are ticked. The port should be 1 but the pin number will depend how the inputs are wired into the breakout board.
You can go to the 'Diagnostics' page and watch the inputs change when you activate the switches with a metal object. If they work the wrong way round then check the boxes called 'Active Low' and this will reverse them.

Sparky
08-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks again Eddy, the Pin Numbers I have are X=12 Y=10 and Z=13, on the diagnostic page is it something to do with the Port1 Pin current state where I get the correct pin number from?

JAZZCNC
08-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Thanks again Eddy, the Pin Numbers I have are X=12 Y=10 and Z=13, on the diagnostic page is it something to do with the Port1 Pin current state where I get the correct pin number from?

You need to go into Ports & Pins/ Input signals and find X home, Y Home, Z Home. Set Port #1 Pin #12 then toggle the Active state if it's permantently ON.
Then in Diagnostics when you trip the switch the LED will light up. See the pic and it shows the Input screen on top of diagnostics screen and I've circled the bits your needing to set and watch.

Lee Roberts
08-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Hi Sparky,

I've adjusted the thread title and moved you into the right forum :thumsup:, welcome to the forum and dont forget to update us once the machine is up and running with a video :cheerful: !

.Me

EddyCurrent
08-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Sparky, you can get some good articles here at the Mach3 site, Help & Learning - Newfangled Solutions (http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/)

Sparky
08-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Thanks guys, I have tried various things and have now got it to zero return. I have had to change the following, X to 13 Y to 10 and Z to 12 and active low ticked on all of them. As I said, home ref works to switches and the only problem now is the jog wheel in X operates in the wrong direction, this because I needed to change motor output Dir low active on the X axis to a tick in order for it to ref home in the right direction.

JAZZCNC
08-05-2014, 08:53 PM
As I said, home ref works to switches and the only problem now is the jog wheel in X operates in the wrong direction, this because I needed to change motor output Dir low active on the X axis to a tick in order for it to ref home in the right direction.

Ok well easy sorted.!!

Goto Config/ System hotkeys then on left side where it says "Jog Hotkeys" Click scan code for the Axis direction you want and then press the key direction you want.

Sparky
10-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Hi Jazz
Thank you for that, but unfortunately that did not work.

JAZZCNC
10-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Hi Jazz
Thank you for that, but unfortunately that did not work.

Think you best explain again the problem because changing the keys would change the direction unless you didn't apply the changes by clicking ok.?

The other thing to try and really what you should have done instead of changing the X motor active state is to use the Reversed option in the Homing/limits. So set the X motor state back to previous state and try this and between this and changing the keys you'll get moving in the right directions.

Sparky
12-05-2014, 05:34 AM
Hey Jazz, all sorted now, many many thanks for your help. Its been a good learning curb for me and helped me to understand the configuration of the machine.

Regards
Sparky

Sam2D
13-11-2014, 04:20 AM
Hey Jazz, all sorted now, many many thanks for your help. Its been a good learning curb for me and helped me to understand the configuration of the machine.

Regards
Sparky

Hi Sparky,

I think I've got the same controller as you (labelled CNC SuperBox on the front).

I've struggled to find any documentation for it online and can't work out the pinout for Mach3 to control it.

Have you a manual you can send or a list of your pin mapping?

Many thanks,
Sam

EddyCurrent
13-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Anything here like it ?

http://www.marchantdice.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=64ad9df6fcdcb3548d477a4d12f6356c

Sam2D
13-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Hi EddyCurrent, yes!

Thank you, it's listed as an SBOX which is why I think Google was struggling to bring up many results when I've been looking for Super Box (as per the front panel).

I'll have a read through that and should be able to figure it out now, thanks for your help.