PDA

View Full Version : have you put ball screws on an X2plus?

bmbaz
12-05-2014, 09:47 PM
looking at converting the above but its the one with the larger table but less space underneath for screws. after getting some dimensions off the X and Y slide and the size of 16mm and 12mm ball nuts I think there is enough room, with a little machining for the 12mm nut, just. OR has anyone fitted screw to one and how did you go on??, plus is there any down side to using 12mm ball screws over 16mm.cheers

bmbaz
14-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Take that as no to dont know ,"Onwards and inwards"

EddyCurrent
14-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Looks like you will have to lead by example. For that size machine you would think 12mm screws might be sufficient, remember to provide access for greasing the ball nut.

Clive S
14-05-2014, 10:35 AM
looking at converting the above but its the one with the larger table but less space underneath for screws. after getting some dimensions off the X and Y slide and the size of 16mm and 12mm ball nuts I think there is enough room, with a little machining for the 12mm nut, just. OR has anyone fitted screw to one and how did you go on??, plus is there any down side to using 12mm ball screws over 16mm.cheers
It might be worth contacting John S on this forum as I think he might have done these before. ..Clive

bmbaz
14-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Cheers all so far,just made up 2 dummy ball nuts to drawing spec and 2 shafts, 12&16 so I can physically size up,milling under the table and top slide on Friday, think I better start a build log

Lee Roberts
14-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Cheers all so far,just made up 2 dummy ball nuts to drawing spec and 2 shafts, 12&16 so I can physically size up,milling under the table and top slide on Friday, think I better start a build log

That would be very helpful for others :thumsup:, looking forward to viewing.

.Me