PDA

View Full Version : Hobbtmat BFE65 converted, configure Mach 3 to my Mill, or learn to use a CAD package?

manofgresley
17-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Hi All.

Many thanks to all you forumites that have contributed to giving me some excellent advice, over the last 12 months, helping me to convert mY Hobbymat Hobby Mill to CNC control, many thanks especially to "Jazz"

All i have to do know is get a free cad package (all suggestions would be appreciated) i have downloaded MACH 3 from their web site, to a stand alone PC, (it's under the Cabinet bench so you cannot see it )

What shall i do first, configure Mach 3 to my Mill, or learn to use a CAD package?
Ray12408

FatFreddie
19-05-2014, 10:55 AM
I'd say configure Mach 3 - you can cut stuff with just Mach 3 and some basic G code and understanding that process may help you understand what's going on with the CAD

m_c
19-05-2014, 09:29 PM
What FF just said.
You do quite a bit with just the Mach wizards.

njhussey
20-05-2014, 10:01 AM
A good free CAD package is Draftsight, very much like AutoCAD but done by the people who do Solidworks. Lots of other free packages out there but I can recomend that one as I use it.

manofgresley
21-05-2014, 02:23 PM
A good free CAD package is Draftsight, very much like AutoCAD but done by the people who do Solidworks. Lots of other free packages out there but I can recomend that one as I use it.

Many Thanks