PDA

View Full Version : site setting fairy hard at work again?

m_c
20-05-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm sure this topic will be either quickly moved to a forum where it won't show up in search results, or deleted, but at least it will mean Lee will get the message.

Yes, I'm f**king p**ed of at the continual changes, and the email one is the last straw.

JAZZCNC
21-05-2014, 08:06 AM
I'm sure this topic will be either quickly moved to a forum where it won't show up in search results, or deleted, but at least it will mean Lee will get the message.

Yes, I'm f**king p**ed of at the continual changes, and the email one is the last straw.

Yes that fairy needs it's bollocks chopping off and M_C you only beat me to posting about this because i've been busy.!! . . . . . LEE WHY do you keep messing and pissing people off for no good reason.?

Removing the Post content from the email just to get more traffic is pathetic and completely inconsiderate of your Forum members purely for what seems to me to be your own gain.! . . . . . Yes we realise you need traffic to attract advertisers.. . . BUT . . . You need ACTIVE Forum MEMBERS more because without US your forum is not worth DOG shit.!

I speak to lots of very experienced CNC people, like John S who I spoke to only last week, who don't come on here any more just because of YOU and your ' I'll do what I like, it's my forum' attitude towards the people who make up the forum what it is.! . . . I've said it many times but you only OWN the forum WE the ACTIVE MEMBERS are the forum and without us you have nothing and your pushing US away.!

Why not just Ask or give notice of your intentions to potential changes in advance then we can air our views and help you build a forum that WE the users would like to come visit rather than just do it and piss folks off.? . . . . . . . DIC-tators always get there bollocks chopped off sooner or later.!!

longy
21-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Removing the message body from the emails does NOTHING for traffic stats at all, it only goes to driving members away. People are busy and being able to read the reply / posting in the email helps members decide if a response can wait or it's urgent. They don't have time to click the link and visit the page.

SE's don't track links from within emails only links from web pages or search results but it's unique hit's that really count towards the traffic stats. Content is KING with any website and if you drive away members then you have no new content. No new content = low traffic = no advertisers.

PEE OFF your forums members and they will go off to other sites, then they will get the new content and more advertisers.

cropwell
21-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Good grief Lee, have you got Thread worms ? If it ain't broke don't 'ficks it'.

i2i
21-05-2014, 04:53 PM
on a positive note, when i pop on here the loaded page used to flick to the centre, now it stays at the top. A plus for me.