PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Not another Newbie!

LawcockLD
07-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Evening all,
I'm Luke, a hobbyist engineer hailing from Scunthorpe in North Lincolnshire.
Currently building a 3D Printer/CNC Dremel tool and thought I'd register and say hi as its my first big project and may require some help! I have some electronics background as a hobbyist and some Control Panel Design and Manufacturing experience from a previous occupation.
Anyway enough gabber, any questions ask away, as I'm sure I'l be asking plenty!
Many thanks,
Luke

Lee Roberts
07-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Hi Luke welcome to the forums!

We have a relatively new 3D Printing sub-forum ready and waiting for your build log, it would be nice to see something new in this section if you do plan on detailing your machine build :thumsup: so good luck and if you need anything just let me know.

.Me

LawcockLD
07-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Thanks Lee, I'm currently still awaiting several parts but once I have them I will be reviving my old blog and will knock up a build thread. I'm hoping to use the same CNC platform for the dremel, printing nozzle and a laser but my first plan is the dremel and I need a lot of advice on engraving if you can help at all?
Luke

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lee Roberts
07-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Ok post your questions in the relevant sections and I will help where I can, I would consider a kress spindle over a dremel but probably best to discuss in what will be your other threads.

.Me

JAZZCNC
07-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Like Lee says forget Dremel waste of time and money but I will also wait on your thread to discuss.

LawcockLD
07-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Can you point me in the direction of a kress spindle to investigate? I will only be engraving traffolyte labels and plastics/lexan hence the dremel idea.
Many thanks
Luke

Wal
07-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Hey Luke, Kress spindles available from here:

Spindle (http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=24)

...a good on-line supplier, although you may be able to find cheaper elsewhere.

Wal.

LawcockLD
07-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.