PDA

View Full Version : ebay con

macca
27-06-2014, 01:40 PM
bought a second hand cnc machine off ebay paid £1000 , never received it gone through the channels to get my money back, after just under two weeks worrying their refund via paypal this morning failed,this is the description of the machine, CNC-MILLING-DRILLING-ROUTER-ENGRAVING-AND-ENGRAVER-MACHINE not sure whether i can put their name up here while I'm in the process of still trying to get my money back.Just to say to all please be wary when on ebay, I'm gutted. I'll put a photograph on of the machine as soon as i figure out how to.

macca
27-06-2014, 02:51 PM
could not up load a picture to the thread,but put the machine as my profile avatar.hope this helps people to identify the machine on ebay.

dazza
27-06-2014, 06:59 PM
is this it? a grand for that http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-MILLING-DRILLING-ROUTER-ENGRAVING-AND-ENGRAVER-MACHINE-/281354062824?nma=true&si=kZIdQdiB7HyB%252B4wB5v9aBUb9kMQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

macca
27-06-2014, 07:46 PM
is this it? a grand for that http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-MILLING-DRILLING-ROUTER-ENGRAVING-AND-ENGRAVER-MACHINE-/281354062824?nma=true&si=kZIdQdiB7HyB%252B4wB5v9aBUb9kMQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Ouch diesel don't kick me while I'm down, I was trying to get a foot on the ladder, nowhere clever enough to build my own, can't afford a new one. Its just a forewarning to any one thinking of buying of ebay.

dazza
27-06-2014, 10:25 PM
sorry macca,surely someone on here from London will go check in on where this machines(for want of a better word) at.
if it were my neck of the woods id give his door a knock
if you paid him through ebay checkout you should have no problems getting a refund.
good luck and thanks for the nod

Boyan Silyavski
27-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Seems its a stolen inactive account. Selling baby staff, then some private stuff / big !!!!!!!!!!!/ and then the CNC.

macca
27-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Seems its a stolen inactive account. Selling baby staff, then some private stuff / big !!!!!!!!!!!/ and then the CNC.yep the big machine went for around £4000, reported them to ebay/paypal hopyfully get our money back god willing. no more ebay for me, save my money and buy new.

macca
27-06-2014, 11:10 PM
sorry macca,surely someone on here from London will go check in on where this machines(for want of a better word) at.if it were my neck of the woods id give his door a knockif you paid him through ebay checkout you should have no problems getting a refund.good luck and thanks for the nodthanks deisel

longy
28-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Oh shite, sorry to hear you've been conned Macca. If you paid via PayPal you are protected against fraud so you should get your refund ok. Don't just report it to Ebay and PayPal REPORT it to the Police as well, plus Trading Standards and hopefully get the shite locked up for a long time. BTW if you used a credit card to pay PalPal you've got credit card protection as well on all purchases over £100 so try not to worry too much.
Mike

macca
30-06-2014, 08:26 PM
item #141333937128BE AWAREthis item is back on sale again on ebayI've escalated my case with ebaybut not yet received my money back.

longy
30-06-2014, 09:06 PM
item #141333937128 BE AWARE this item is back on sale again on ebayI've escalated my case with ebaybut not yet received my money back.
Macca at the bottom of the list there is a report button USE it and let ebay know. Looking at the sellers feedback will give you an idea of the items both buying and selling also check their other items for sale.

A little bit of digging shows the same 2 items are offered by a different seller this time, the other item was http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281363159288 sold by the con man that got you.

T0rnado69
30-06-2014, 09:15 PM
contact ebay ?
and tell them the item you won and paid for hasnt been sent. and the seller has readvertised it for sale and it has bidders on it.

george uk
30-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Its posted across a number of spanish site as well

Google image search ( left click your avitar and select search google for this image. ) is a very good way to check things before you buy.

macca
30-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Macca at the bottom of the list there is a report button USE it and let ebay know. Looking at the sellers feedback will give you an idea of the items both buying and selling also check their other items for sale.A little bit of digging shows the same 2 items are offered by a different seller this time, the other item was http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281363159288 sold by the con man that got you.already informed ebay as soon as I found out, really annoying ebay take so long to get back intouch.

macca
30-06-2014, 09:57 PM
sellers just ended the sale on ebay.ebay must of sorted it. thank god

macca
31-07-2014, 04:35 PM
just received my money back from ebay took a month plenty of emailing back and forth and one big long phone call via india and america. going to save the rest of the money up and by a brand spanking new one. no more ebay for me.

dazza
31-07-2014, 05:52 PM
nice one macca

T0rnado69
01-08-2014, 02:52 AM
thats good to here macca.

ever that or build your own with help from members here.

GEOFFREY
01-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Glad to hear you have your money back Macca. Ebay is such a good idea, but spoiled by fraudsters. I always insist on collecting and paying when I collect, any scammers loose interest at that stage, although I suppose there is a risk of turning up in some obscure place and being mugged!!! G.

EddyCurrent
02-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Glad to hear you have your money back Macca. Ebay is such a good idea, but spoiled by fraudsters. I always insist on collecting and paying when I collect, any scammers loose interest at that stage, although I suppose there is a risk of turning up in some obscure place and being mugged!!! G.

It can happen the other way round too.
I once sold a workbench, the buyer said he would pay cash on delivery and could I deliver it for a fee. I arranged a day/time and delivered it, about 200 mile round trip but when I reached the delivery address there was nobody in !
Fortunately I had the buyers mobile number so he wasn't long in turning up.

longy
08-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Glad to hear you've got your money back Macca. :victorious:

It's the con merchants that spoil eBay for the genuine sellers. Don't be put off buying from eBay, just do your home work by checking the sellers feedback for both seller and buyer. Scammers tend to use an account that has not been used for a while, so that should give you a RED flag to start with. Check the advanced search for item your interested in ticking the completed or sold listings options as scammers will try to sell the same item more than once.

Ask the seller for more photos and questions that only a genuine seller will know about, and if you don't get a response from the seller leave well alone as genuine sellers will take the time to reply if they want to sell their machine.