PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi from Lancashire

esbe
21-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi, great to see there is now a uk cnc hobby site. Built myself an 8ft by 4ft cnc table about 6 yrs ago, there was only USA hobby sites and Majosoft in Holland then. My table had a machine mart plasma cutter mounted on it however i hadnt taken into account the low duty cycle of the equipment and the results were pretty poor. Got a bit dissolutioned shelved it all and went onto do a load of work on my house instead! Am now thinking of dusting it all off an having another play! Over the last couple of years have built a couple of lasers out of bits off Ebay with the intention of etching full colour pictures onto various materials. Anybody got experience of this? Originally the challenge of building the machine was my main driver. My wife says i have developed a solution without a problem, poor woman lacks vision I say! My machine is not as polished as a lot on here with a repeatability of about 25thou/inch. However to the guys who are embarking on the pain/ pleasure of a build it shows that it can be done with pretty much a standdrill, hacksaw and welder! Cheers Steve

BillTodd
21-05-2009, 10:29 PM
We need to see pictures:geek:

audioandy
21-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve :beer: from one of the many Nottinghamshire contingent.

Andy