PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi From Notts

Sparks
23-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Hello everyone

Just found the site, looks really good, also nice to see a few locals.

I purchased a Heiz S1000 machine a few months ago (not used it yet) with the intention of using it for making PCB's and front panels with it. Workshop just about sorted so will be taking my first steps with it pretty soon.

Dave :biggrin:

audioandy
23-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum from one of the Notts members.:beer:

Andy

rinderpest
25-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi from Carrington, another one for the Nottingham BBQ meetup perhaps?
Tasty looking machine, how is it performing for you?
Among other things I have PCB routing as a main goal. Are you using the PCB to G-Code plugin for Eagle, it looks useful to me.
Jim

Tom
25-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum (i'm new here too). I've got a build log going at the moment for an MDF machine which will achieve nowhere near the specs that your machine will!

Good luck with the start-up... Some pics of your projects would be great - this site needs more of those - inspiration!

Tom

Sparks
25-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi To Andy, Kip, Jim,Tom + everyone else

Thanks all for the friendly welcome.

As regards the machine I think mechanically it's well put together and nicely finished off, however my own opinion is that the controller is not put together so well and only a cheap design. Having said that it works ok, only played with it though up to yet. I bought it with the kress 1050 which seems excellent. I will be using it to make circuit boards and make front panels, engraving etc, my projects are designed around Atmel AVRs and I program in C.

Jim, I don't use Eagle yet, but I will be soon due to the plug in you mentioned and yes I love BBQ's!

As for mods to the machine I'm looking at replacing the controller with Gecko drives either the 540 or 203Vs haven't decided yet. I would also like a HF spindle.

Andy, looked at pictures of your control box, very nice look like you've done a bit of panel building before, out of interest what is the pcb top right doing?

Tom, had a look at your construction, looks like it's coming along fine, I may have a go at building one if all goes to plan with this one.

Dave

John S
25-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Dave, You going to be using the Win PC with it or move to Mach ?

Sparks
26-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Hi John,

Mach 3 I think, seems to be a lot of help and support for it, and I like the look of the interface.

Dave

audioandy
26-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Andy, looked at pictures of your control box, very nice look like you've done a bit of panel building before, out of interest what is the pcb top right doing?

Dave

Hi Dave

Not a lot at the moment, I have fitted a new BOB with the 10volt output for the spindle,the one I think you are referring too is the old BOB which will be used when I have finished upgrading the machine and fitted the second port to the computer.

Andy