PDA

View Full Version : axis movement jamming

Skydeals
15-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Hi
I've got a basic 540 cnc router.
When manually jogging the machine, it would jam at some places but not always at the same place every time. As a result my cuts are not perfect for example a square will cut first ok on first depth pass but on second on it stops in y axis whilst mach3 is running but then works ok a x axis which as a result forms a rectangular shape. Any ideas on how I can stop this. Should I use spirit level, loosen bolts, lubricate?

EddyCurrent
15-12-2014, 08:41 PM
I think you need to find if it is 'jamming', or is it the stepper motors playing up ?
First thing I would do is remove the stepper motors and turn everything by hand to try and see where the problem lies, you might then want to strip it down in a particular area anything you suspect has siezed or failed in some way. Upon reassembly you should check that everything is in line and square to each other, lubricate in accordance with manufacturer guidance. If it's still not right it's time to investigate the stepper motors, drivers and electrics.

Skydeals
17-12-2014, 09:51 PM
i cant remove the motors as they are built into the body. but the grinding sounds seems to be coming from the rails in the x and y axis mainly. the z axis runs smoothly but at slightly grinds at one place? the machine is pretty solid built and frame is perfectly aligned and level
what could i also attempt to finding out problem?

EddyCurrent
18-12-2014, 10:27 AM
If it's all aligned as you say the problem sounds like bearings, maybe lack of lubrication has contributed to it.