PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi

otisfirefly62
25-05-2009, 06:16 PM
hi I'm Ian, joined beacause at some point I want to build a cnc router and maybe a plasma cutter. I am a constant shed fiddler, a collector of skills. I have interests in astronomy, classic motorcycles and many other projects festering in my overactive mind. I work as a test and termination technician for mutiinational company buildiing subsea control umbilicals, so can be away for a lot of the time, so don't be suprised if I am not a prolific poster.

anyhow HI:wave:

Ian

P.S I have a sticky ii on my keyboard

Lee Roberts
26-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Welcome Ian, get us some pics when your "onsite" at work. That is you spend time at Sea ?

otisfirefly62
26-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, the job is one of those sounds more interesting than it is jobs, still gets me out and about. The credit crunch has hit us hard this year, so I am ressurecting an old career choice that of plastic fabrication and a cnc router would greatly improve the quality of my work. I have looked at the mechmate which is an extremely impresive machine. but room could be an issue. has anyone designed a machine that can be stored away maybe placed on top of a full sheet and worked from there if you get my drift. a portable cnc router as such. daft Idea i'm sure and I bet you'll tell me why.

Ian

BillTodd
26-05-2009, 09:44 PM
I thought this was a clever space saving design (from cnc-zone)