PDA

View Full Version : deleting construction geometry help

paul_m
10-02-2015, 11:23 PM
can anyone help please?
I have created a part which use geometry to create a linear pattern, just a series of holes.
I then mirrored the part to produce left and right, when I noticed the construction lines for the holes I deleted it.
this removed the holes from the initial part, the mirrored part.
when i deleted the initial part to keep my new mirrored part, it left a square of construction hanging in the middle of the page.
deleting anything removes the holes from both parts.

thanks, Paul

can provide pics

JAZZCNC
10-02-2015, 11:31 PM
paul email me the part file and i'll have a look.

paul_m
10-02-2015, 11:35 PM
can you text your address please jazz?? cheers

JAZZCNC
11-02-2015, 12:03 AM
Ok paul on the RH hanger very simple way is to just delete the last operation in feature manager tree.
So delete Body-Delete operation or drag the blue bar up above it which will take you back one step.

Then if you want make a mirror with some separation between the parts create a Plane parallel to the edge your mirroring from and set a offset distance. Then use mirror function and select bodies to mirror option and click on part then uncheck Merge solids.

JAZZCNC
11-02-2015, 12:25 AM
Ok I'm under standing more now.!!

I then mirrored the part to produce left and right, when I noticed the construction lines for the holes I deleted it. this removed the holes from the initial part, the mirrored part.
You can't delete any geometry if it is related to another operation and if you do then that operation is affected which is why you lost the holes etc. In this case just Hide the sketch with construction geometry on it not delete it.

when i deleted the initial part to keep my new mirrored part, it left a square of construction hanging in the middle of the page.
deleting anything removes the holes from both parts

Same thing happening here. The sketch with construction geometry is related to the Crvpattern2 so if you delete the sketch you affect the pattern and it is removed. If you hide Sketch8 all willl be correct.

paul_m
11-02-2015, 10:21 PM
jazz thank you very much for that, spent a couple of hours on it tonight and picked up a few more issues to iron out on the way.
I was also mirroring the tem incorrectly meaning any changes were not being replicated. Think im on top of that now. tanks mate.
next challenge coming soon