PDA

View Full Version : Chineese 6040 problems

Kendrick57
20-02-2015, 01:12 AM
http://www.mycncuk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14704&stc=1Hi
i have just bought one of the 6040 cnc machines se the picture below it has a 800w water cooled 4000rpm spindle.
I cannot get the spindle to spin under computer control even when running gcode.
kendrick

EddyCurrent
20-02-2015, 08:57 PM
I cannot get the spindle to spin under computer control even when running gcode.
kendrick

Did it say you could in the instructions ?

GEOFFREY
21-02-2015, 01:12 AM
Eddy, there is some confusion from Kendrick here - I have spoken to K on the telephone and he has a 400hz vfd and a 24k spindle. I do not think that he can control the spindle speed with his software (only from the vfd and he is quite happy with that), he is unable to stop/start the spindle and I think he should be able to do that if someone can advise him. I can't help because I use dedicated controllers on both of my machines (commercial system, not mac), but I am sure someone on here can point him in the right direction. G.

JAZZCNC
21-02-2015, 01:26 AM
Eddy, there is some confusion from Kendrick here - I have spoken to K on the telephone and he has a 400hz vfd and a 24k spindle. I do not think that he can control the spindle speed with his software (only from the vfd and he is quite happy with that), he is unable to stop/start the spindle and I think he should be able to do that if someone can advise him. I can't help because I use dedicated controllers on both of my machines (commercial system, not mac), but I am sure someone on here can point him in the right direction. G.

Starting/stopping the spindle is often done using a output which controls a 5V Relay who's contacts connect to the VFD run Signal.
Often the BOB will have Dedicated on board relay connected to output.

Reason for the Relay is that the VFD run signal will probably be 24V so can't be directly controlled using the 5v Output.

EddyCurrent
21-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Have a look in here; http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/227-Routers-Spindles-Controllers top two posts look promising.

picture of the guts; http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-Axis-USB-CNC-Engraving-Machine-CNC-6040Z-USB-Mach3-manual-Router-with-1500W-VFD-spindle/1953030341.html

and this could be the vfd manual; https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4PZZJw9NGR_MEdsTHhrY2loWkNNa2ZNVFdyRnBJTWVzckxJ/edit?pli=1

Kendrick57
21-02-2015, 02:43 PM
The second link gives me an idea as to what I should find when I finally take the to off the is that black box called a Bob.
the third link looks promising the control panel is identical,have not read it all yet.
kendrick

JAZZCNC
21-02-2015, 03:26 PM
The second link gives me an idea as to what I should find when I finally take the to off the is that black box called a Bob.

No the BOB is short for break out board. That second link showing the Guts isn't what you have because it shows a USB Motion control card and you had Parallel port based box. The BOB will look very similair to the USB card in the picture.

NOW BE WARNED.!! Messing around with BOB without knowing the pinout and numbers is sure fire way to KILL it.!!
BOB's and esp a cheap one that will undoubtly be inside this box are fickle creatures at best of times so don't mess unless your sure what your doing.

Kendrick57
21-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Got it widescreen
thanks
kendrick

Kendrick57
22-02-2015, 12:47 AM
There is a kind of problem I have, when I first got the Cnc going it was not that fast but liveable with, after calibration it now moves super slow fine for cutting but not from getting from a to b when not cutting. Surly if the original speed could be achieved to start with why can't it use it now, I tried travel speed on the mach3 screen with no luck I can slow it dow even more but not speed it up to its original speed. I can live with the speed if I have to but a faster travel speed between cuts would be nice.

the primary reason for buying the Cnc was for cutting carbon fiber sheet, I know that I need a diamond shaped cutting bit I got some from China but I think it would be better if I got them from America can anyone else suggest a place to get quality bits at not to expencive a price max cutting diameter 2mm also what rpm and cutting speed for diferent thicknesses of carbon.
to save the lungs I am going to cut the carbon in a water bath do you think building the bath deserves a thread of its ownas it is not a problem with the machine but a build project.
finally after seeing videos of wood being cut and when I cut a notch out of the leftovers from the base of the water bath I think enclosing the machine in a polycarbonate box would be a good idea a vacuum head with brushes is not always a good idea, a clear polycarbonate shield would be usful though.

kendrick

Clive S
22-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Kendrick57 I am sorry but I find it very hard to read your posts as they seem to jump all over the place. I think it might be better if you address just one point at a time (ie one point per post).
Now if you can get your cutting speed (G1) as fast as you need then there should be no reason why you should not get your "travel" Rapid speed (G0) faster.
How about you posting some screen shots up of your Motor tuning from Mach3 and a short sample of your gcode ( say the top 30 lines) this might help to see what it is you are trying to achieve. ..Clive

Kendrick57
22-02-2015, 05:35 PM
ok one problem at a time.
The biggest problem I have I suppose at the moment is speed Now I never expected it to be super fast, the speed it went at when I first got it going I could live with but after calibrating the machine to move the correct distance(to start off with it thought 10mm was 31mm) the speed of the machine went from a tortoise to a snail. if the motors could move at one speed before the calibration it should be able to after.
It feels like a problem with speed of travel somewhere in mach3 the travel speed has been set at a set speed in mm per second.

:smile::smile: MIRICAL APIFINY OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT :smile::smile:
I solved the problem, it was in the Mach3 settings under Motor Turning in the config tab in the top menu
http://www.mycncuk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14718&stc=1

Its the setting marked in red that is the killer, it controls travel speed it was set to 120mm per minute I will keep increasing it until the gantry does not move any faster I've set all 3 axis to 999 the largest number it will accept, changing the acceleration number to a higher figure helps as well from one corner of the cutting area to the other by positioning by hand in the far corner with the other corner as home and hitting goto zero it took 43 seconds I think that is very respectable now I just have to confirm cutting speed is still ok.
Now I have the travel speed up to a good speed I can see the slower speed of the cutting speed.
Kendrick

JAZZCNC
22-02-2015, 11:53 PM
Kendrick Motor tuning is the heart Mach 3 and if not set correctly you will get inaccurate cutting and poor performance. Not sure what you mean when you say setting marked in Red but I'm guessing you mean Velocity.? With you using motion control card you should be able to much higher than 999. So this indicates to me something is wrong with your setup.

First check what units Mach is set too, Metric or imperial.? This makes a bid difference to settings in Motor tuning.

Then if possible post some screen shots of the Motor tuning screen. You will need to click on the individual Axis on the left side and take a screen shot of each screen. You must select the axis before you can make any changes then click Save Settings before moving to next Axis else any changes are lost, also push enter after making changes before moving to another setting.

Kendrick57
23-02-2015, 12:57 AM
Hi sorry about that jazz I tried to put a picture of a screenshot in the rebut it failed i'll try to correct it tomorrow and add the picture. It was of the screen you talked of
kendrick

jimbo_cnc
23-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Hey Kendrick, I've got the same machine with diferent control box. 43s corner to corner sounds about right for 999mm/min. I run mine at 1200mm/min. I have had it up to 2000mm/min but that's too fast for me, I only cut small parts.

Rye
17-10-2015, 11:07 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to CNC and to the forum. Thought I'd post in this thread instead of starting a new one. Hope that's OK.

I've recently bought a 6040 from ebay similar to the one in the original post. Mine has a SMC 4-4-16a 16b DSP built into the black box. The thing doesn't work though. So I've no means of sending gcode to the steppers, etc. The only thing that does work is the built-in VFD controlling the spindle speed.

My thoughts are to strip it all down and attempt a rewire - although I can't find any diagrams on how the SMC, etc, should be wired. Or I could salvage parts and order a new controller - perhaps USB or Ethernet based - to run the steppers, etc from a PC instead of a DSP(preferred.)

Would any of you have any advice. And what "cheap" parts would you recommend to help get me up and running.

JAZZCNC
18-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to CNC and to the forum. Thought I'd post in this thread instead of starting a new one. Hope that's OK.

No not really Ok has it's not fair to OP taking over his thread.!! . . . I can help you with this but it will mean you starting your own thread has I'll need to ask lots of quetions and need some pics so do this and We'll get you working.

Lee Roberts
18-10-2015, 09:10 PM
Your free to post where you like Rye, no member here on the forum has the authority to tell another member what they can, can't or should be doing, we have forum guidelines for that kind of advice.

When applicable, your posts may be moved to a new thread and updates sent out to those who it concerns.

It would be more beneficial to YOU, if you started your own thread asking the questions you have, as it will stand out better and to the others who can also help you.

.Me

JAZZCNC
18-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Your free to post where you like Rye, no member here on the forum has the authority to tell another member what they can, can't or should be doing, we have forum guidelines for that kind of advice.

So now your saying it's ok for Members to high jack other members threads.!! . . . . If it was anyone else but me who posted that you wouldnt have said that.!! . . .Your unbelievable at times Lee grow up.!!

I wasn't telling him he couldn't post I was saying it's not correct or done thing to take over and post a question about his own machine on another members thread and was best if he started his own Thread in which case he would get more help.!! . . . It's just plane good forum etiqutte.!!

Rye crack on mate and no offense taken or meant by Me.!!

Rye
18-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Had no intention of hijacking the thread. So apologies for that - and to the OP. I'll take a few pics and start a new thread soon. Cheers guys.