PDA

View Full Version : redsail Laser Cutting Machine Cutter Engraving Engraver 500 x 700

sthdklen
28-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Hi I have just purchased this lasercutter, I connected the chiller, the air compressor and the extractor fan as instructed, I then turned on the laser machine it all powered up, along with air compressor etc, then died as if it had blown a fuse. I changed the fuse in the power input lead and tested the lead on a printer and it works fine but the laser machine still doesn't turn on, no power is getting to it. Any one know what the issue could be.

Thanks in advance

bobby
28-02-2015, 11:58 PM
Hi I have just purchased this lasercutter, I connected the chiller, the air compressor and the extractor fan as instructed, I then turned on the laser machine it all powered up, along with air compressor etc, then died as if it had blown a fuse. I changed the fuse in the power input lead and tested the lead on a printer and it works fine but the laser machine still doesn't turn on, no power is getting to it. Any one know what the issue could be.

Thanks in advance

Internal MCB/Isolator on?
Most have a IEC power cord that plugs into a socket INSIDE the machine; Is it seated fully?
Most have 2 x PSU's (plus a Laser PSU), One for The control system, one for the stepper motors... Surely both cannot have failed?
(check for lights on the stepper motor controllers)

A multi tester would tell you alot! :)

sthdklen
05-03-2015, 03:03 PM
Hi thank you for your reply. It was a 250v glass fuse which was located under the power socket that blew, so was easiy fixed inthe end.

I'm new to laser machines and not having a luck or much help from who I purchased it off. Ive loaded the laserworks software and attempted to do some test cuts. I drew a simple circle and square about have come out stretched like ovals and rectangles and neither have cut just engraved even though I set the speed and power to cut. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks
again

calida
07-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Think theres a setting for circles. ...I'll take a look when i next open mine. I'm strugglin with settings for machine setup and often runs into the bed.

Nthkentman
07-03-2015, 10:31 PM
https://prezi.com/jrrewm-rh8xv/dummys-guide-to-laser-cutting/

calida
07-03-2015, 11:20 PM
That doesn't really help, think that he's explained he can send files to cut but they get distorted.

calida
07-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Needs help to work out how to stop circles distorting. In the preferences there's a setting to change speed I'm sure.

calida
08-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Does this help?

calida
08-03-2015, 05:44 PM
And this? Bit more info

sthdklen
13-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Hi Thanks for your replies. I've been playing around with it and discovered the x axis is off by 50% so if I double the x axis value I get perfect circles and squares. No explanation anywhere to why this is happening, I've noticed also that the laser head only goes to the middle of the x axis arm, so again 50% even if I use the control panel on the laser to move it. Mt machine is 500x 700 and the x axis will only go to 350. All my parameters seem correct. Any one know what could be causing this. Fed up with this machine, would not advise anyone to buy one :-(http://www.mycncuk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14865&stc=1

mekanik
13-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Hi
I don't have a CNC machine of any description so can't help with the software side of things but from what you are describing it would appear that the stepper ratio setting is @ fault, ie you need double the amount of steps to get the correct movement of you axis, should be any easy enough fix for someone that is familiar with the software you are running, hopefully someone with more knowledge can help.
Regards
Mike
PS
Apologies if that was a load of bo**ocks

CTR
15-03-2015, 10:13 PM
We used to sell the Redsail machines many years ago. From memory, the M700 and M500 lasers from Redsail are driven directly in the X and Y axis without reduction belts. This means the X and Y stepper drives should have the same dip switch settings (the micro toggle switches on the motor drives, between the two connectors).
If these are identical, check the Vendor param/ step length(um) values. Again, the X and Y axis values should be the same (or almost, as belt tension stretch may mean that the values need tweaking a little to get accurate results).

sthdklen
21-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Hi thanks very much for the reply. I managed to sort out the x axis problem by halving the values etc. Now though, I have it perfectly aligned and It won't cut. Even when I check each mirror to make sure its central, then keep the laser head still and pulse at full power it doesn't go through the wood. I seem to get about 1mm engraved if that. Alignment is perfect it just seems there is not enough power even if I have it at 90%
Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

gavztheouch
21-03-2015, 07:19 PM
How many watts is the laser tube and what type of wood are you cutting?

CTR
25-03-2015, 05:04 PM
How many watts is the laser tube and what type of wood are you cutting?

Wood is a very variable material and difficult to define the power and speed required.
However, if the laser tube in the M700 is 50w then try to get a piece of 3mm acrylic which should be able to be cut at a speed of 8mm/sec and power of 65%
If this is not possible, then I suspect the laser tube may be low in power, or, the optics are not clean and aligned correctly.
All this is assuming the software machine parameters are set correctly.

I hope you are successful at getting it working.

calida
31-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Strangely I have the same issue. I've finally got mine working and now it won't cut through 6mm acrylic at full power (50w). Shows a slight shadow so i'm thinking its probably alignment or cleaning issues.... anyone any other ideas???

Isaac
03-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Put a touch of receipt paper over the last mirror and test fire the laser. It should be center of the hole. Shadowing usually means a cracked mirror(including the last one in the tube) or the beam is clipping on of the mirror mounts(usually the laser head).

calida
07-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Think it's the mirrors. Took them off....they're a mess. Gonna purchase new ones and see how they go

Isaac
07-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Are they broken? Usually nail polish remover with clean them up a treat.

calida
07-04-2015, 09:00 PM
No not broken but look old and rusty, like old pitted mirrors