PDA

View Full Version : How to mount the switch?

routercnc
09-03-2015, 07:30 PM

A series of these momentary push buttons has arrived and I can't work out how to panel mount them.

It looks like they are split into 3 parts - I've managed to remove the lower part containing the switch contacts, but the middle and top part are still firmly attached to each other.

I need to get it apart to feed it through the 22mm panel hole. I've removed the white plastic tab at the top, but this does not release it. I've pulled and twisted but don't want to break them. Any ideas?

Edit:
Typical, submitted the post, then worked it out! Well, it might help someone else. Answer is that the central piece has a tab buried on either side, looking down on the part. I managed to prise both of them back with a pair of tooth picks and slid the central bit out.

Gotty101
09-03-2015, 11:14 PM
ive got the same buttons, if you look at your top pic, you will see a bit of white plastic. If you push this into the side of the switch body, then you can pull the round switch section out of the square body.

Once you have done this, you will find there is a round plastic ring that will unscrew. So you can drill a hole in the panel feed the button through from the front, fit the locking ring and then push the square switch part back on the the back (note its keyed)

Hope that makes some scene.

Trev

routercnc
10-03-2015, 01:37 PM
ive got the same buttons, if you look at your top pic, you will see a bit of white plastic. If you push this into the side of the switch body, then you can pull the round switch section out of the square body.

Once you have done this, you will find there is a round plastic ring that will unscrew. So you can drill a hole in the panel feed the button through from the front, fit the locking ring and then push the square switch part back on the the back (note its keyed)

Hope that makes some scene.

Trev

Hi Trev,

Thank you for that. Sounds like I did it the hard way ! So the white plastic tab that I removed should have stayed in to do the job of the 'toothpicks'. I'll try your method on the remaining buttons when I get home.

I'll add the keywords LA38 momentary push button to this post, as I think that is the name of this type of push button and should help anyone doing a search in the future.

Thanks