PDA

View Full Version : Redsail laser engraver x axis problem

sthdklen
13-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Hi I am having loads of issues with my laser cutter especially the x axis , If I draw a circle or a square in lasermate when it goes to cut them they are stretched like ovals and rectangles. I've been playing around with it and discovered the x axis is off by 50% so if I double the x axis value I get perfect circles and squares. No explanation anywhere to why this is happening, I've noticed also that the laser head only goes to the middle of the x axis arm, so again 50% even if I use the control panel on the laser to move it. My machine is 500x 700 and the x axis will only go to 350. All my parameters seem correct. Any one know what could be causing this. Fed up with this machine, would not advise anyone to buy one especially from a dodgy dealer who claims to have a business in selling these
:-(

http://www.mycncuk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14866&stc=1

gavztheouch
14-03-2015, 01:30 AM
Sounds like your steps per mm for the stepper motor is set wrong.

The only parameter I can see that relates to that is the 'step length'

Step length 6.3500

Try doubling or halving this value and see if that fixes the problem.

Edit: I think you need to halve this value.

sthdklen
14-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Hi thanks for the reply. I've tried changing the step length and it didn't work. Ive just realized when the laser head stops halfway on the x axis the software states that its current position is 699.998mm. The length of my table is 700 so its stating that it has reached the end of the table but really its only halfway. the seller isn't helping at all, claiming it was in perfect working order, when he sold it, which is rubbish, 3 weeks in and its still not working :-(

gavztheouch
14-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Ok try checking your stepper drive and make a note of the micro stepping settings. If your drives are set to 16,000 steps per rev then reducing to 8,000 will double the travel of the x-axis. There should be some dip switches that will allow you to change the settings, make a note of the current settings so you can revert back.

Also do both the 'step length' settings match in the software for the x and y.

sthdklen
21-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Hi thanks very much for the reply. I managed to sort out the x axis problem by halving the values etc. Now though, I have it perfectly aligned and It won't cut. Even when I check each mirror to make sure its central, then keep the laser head still and pulse at full power it doesn't go through the wood. I seem to get about 1mm engraved if that. Alignment is perfect it just seems there is not enough power even if I have it at 90%
Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance