PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Denford Microrouter problems

D-man
20-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Hi guys, I've managed to pic one of these machines up, however I have a problem on the X axis and the x axis switch.

Everything else homes fine but when it comes to homing the x it makes a horrible noise as if it's doing single steps, also whilst its moving, if I press the home switch on the X it does not stop the machine.

My suspicions are that the person before me has tried to get it to work on Mach3 as it's installed on the machine with ports entered etc, unfortunatly it doesn't work on mach either.

I've done a quick video of the x axis homing, the first two thuds are the Z and y completing their homes sequence successfully however you will see and here tge X has a problem somewhere.

You can view the video here > http://youtu.be/Dudpb_M5XvQ

Saracen
21-03-2015, 10:37 AM
The "horrible noise" is just it homing at a very slow rate, presumably to negate the effects of momentum and increase the homing accuracy.

To me, the X sounds the same as the little snippet at 0:06 in the video, which I presume is the Y ? Is there homing speed setting anywhere ?

You need to use a multimeter or similar to work out why the X microswitch isn't working. Does it physically switch ? Can you see its status in the software anywhere and check that the software knows that the switch is open/closed ? I use the Planet-CNC software on my Boxford and that has an IO page, which shows the real time status of all the inputs and outputs.

Adrian.

D-man
21-03-2015, 11:44 AM
The "horrible noise" is just it homing at a very slow rate, presumably to negate the effects of momentum and increase the homing accuracy.

To me, the X sounds the same as the little snippet at 0:06 in the video, which I presume is the Y ? Is there homing speed setting anywhere ?

You need to use a multimeter or similar to work out why the X microswitch isn't working. Does it physically switch ? Can you see its status in the software anywhere and check that the software knows that the switch is open/closed ? I use the Planet-CNC software on my Boxford and that has an IO page, which shows the real time status of all the inputs and outputs.

Adrian.

Cheers Adrian,

Unfortunately my software version of VRmilling does not have the IO screen. i believe this was introduced in version 5 which is a a payable upgrade. Ive put a tested on the pips of the switches but i dont get anything from either of them anyway, and im not sure which are the home switch wires within the board.

would the planet-CNC software work as easy as installing it with this router?

Saracen
21-03-2015, 12:05 PM
There's an image posted here which may help ?

http://www.denfordata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2111

The Planet-CNC software requires their own controller as well, so probably not an option.

Adrian.

D-man
21-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Ok thanks, ive just had the switch of and tested it on my big machine and its working fine so its not the switch. hmmmm lol

D-man
21-03-2015, 12:43 PM
I also found the switches on the board.

Not pressed it reads 0.00v which is right and the 5v when pressed. so thats also working, im starting tho think its a software issue now but the software is very limited