PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi to all you CNCers .. Heidendain question here too guys !!

forgetfulpaul
10-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Hi Im Paul.. Been a miller for about 30 years now, (manual) machining parts for Aerospace and Formula one, the past 15 years or so.. Anyway, I started on the CNC's setting operating and even programming ( Acromatic) about 8 years ago for about 3 year, and then stopped working on the CNC's, so i haven't done anything on the CNC's for about 5 years now, and i feel as if i have forgotten all i had previously learnt.

I've started back on the CNC's again after all these years, and the controls are Heidenhain which i never had any experience with. I know what the machine has to do, i know how to set the jobs up, but i have no idea how the control it..

so here are my questions and i appreciate all replied helping me with this, OH and explain it to my like im a 10 year old, telling me what buttons to press, as i really can't remember :-)

its a YCM mill with Heidenhain controls iTNC 530 ( if any of that helps)

ALL I NEED TO DO IS, SET AND OPERATE THIS MACHINE. NO PROGRAMMING

(1) WRITE A SMALL PROGRAM IN MDI TO CALL UP EACH TOOL ?
(2) TAKE EACH TOOL OUT, PUT EACH TOOL BACK IN AGAIN ? after i have taken the old tool and put a new one in
(3) SET THE TOOLS LENGTH AND RADIUS INTO THE TOOL TABLE ?
(4) set 'z' zero on the top of the metal i am machining ?
(5) Set 'x' 'y' zero datum points

I think this is all i need to get going anyway.. I'm sure you's CNC Millers will all know what i mean. I just need to set the datums and set the tools....... well for now anyway.. :-)

I'm sure this is very easy for many of you's to do, I just hope it's not more difficult explaining how to do it..

much appreciated guys

Paul

Boyan Silyavski
11-06-2015, 12:04 PM
reading the manual will definetely help
:beer:

http://content.heidenhain.de/doku/tnc_guide/html/en/index/1242135142456/1242135142480/1242135142480.html

forgetfulpaul
12-06-2015, 10:31 PM
Hi sorry for the late reply.. and thank you so much for your reply to my message and the link to download the manual..

I have now worked it all out so i'm now up and running for a while ...

Thanks again

Paul