PDA

View Full Version : Large PC case suitable for housing MOBO & CNC equipment.

lateAtNight
18-06-2015, 10:24 PM
I have my old PC tower for sale. Its quite a large workstation type and originally housed an E-ATX style motherboard. Nice brushed aluminium and is in good condition. I gave it a new lease of life a while back when I put a small mini ITX mobo in there and used the remaining space for the rest of my CNC equipment.

I sold off the CNC electronics a while back when I got a mill that had them already. I've now taken out the PC components as well and downgraded to smaller case.

I thought I'd list it here first as posed to Gumtree / eBay as there is one modification that I made that might be of interest to you machinists... I made a little double PCI panel on the back for connecting stepper motors. I also drilled a few extra holes in the motherboard tray to house the CNC electronics, but it does;t affect any of the original motherboard holes.

The case will happily accommodate most motherboard sizes... as I said it was originally for EATX, then it had mini ITX. I'm sure normal ATX would fit as well.

Case comes with side panel that has a window. I think I have the original non window side panel as well. I'll throw in the CD / DVD drive (and floppy drive!) as well. No other electronics supplied.

£20 + £10 carriage. Any other questions please let me know.

lateAtNight
18-06-2015, 10:26 PM
How it used to look...