PDA

View Full Version : Fusion 360 - full, free 3D CAD and CAM.

Leadhead
22-06-2015, 07:30 PM
I presume that interested parties are aware of the Autodesk offer of free integrated CAD/CAM software Fusion 360. It downloads and works perfectly. And even contains Mach3 post processors.
You have to take a look.

Web Goblin
22-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Do you mean the free for students offer? They have been doing that for a while now.

Ger21
22-06-2015, 11:46 PM
It's actually been basically free for most people for a while now. Any startup business or hobbyists can apply for the free version.

Leadhead
23-06-2015, 07:36 AM
This is what they state:- "A free 1-year startup license is also available for hobbyists, enthusiasts, makers, and emerging businesses that make less than US$100,000 in revenue per year. At the end of 1 year, you can reselect the startup entitlement or transition to a commercial entitlement."

lateAtNight
24-06-2015, 09:53 PM
I'm using it and I have to say I really like it. I've recommended it to a few people. The fact that it is free is a big bonus and I think it'll be good for getting a large user base behind it... good for tutorials etc... theres already plenty on youtube. My opinion pretty much matches this guy on https://youtu.be/o-GBpUZ3piY First part is a tutorial... skip to around 12:30 to see what he says if anyone is interested.

There was rumours of 5 axis machining being added, but the more I actually use my machine the more I realise I only really need 2.5d. So far anyway.

Also, I think its the only combined CAD/CAM package that works on a Mac, which won me over on pretty much that alone.

Boyan Silyavski
24-06-2015, 11:31 PM
All woke up that it will be either :pirate: or low month to month subscription. It all started with Adobe, then other followed. This is the future. 25-40$ per month is Ok, having in mind the support, forums, tutorials and so.

Now i am still suspicious when we are talking about words like "clouds" and remembering words like "discontinue" :hysterical: