PDA

View Full Version : Beaver NC35 Mill

sshep71
26-06-2015, 09:09 AM
Hello all,
I am new to this site specifically, I wanted to come over to this site as I figured there would be many more people on here with experience related to a specific machine. I am in the US and there does not seem to be many people here with knowledge on Beaver CNC machines. I was given a Beaver NC35 CNC bed mill, I just have to move it 50 meters from the owners shop into my place. I was hoping some of you have experience with this machine, and could give some potential input. Overall the machine is in great mechanical shape, and the controller works. It is a Beaver NC35 cnc with a Yasnac MX1 controller on it and a tape reader. The machine also has an 18 position tool changer on it. The machine was barely used from what I am being told, and what I can see. The owner does not use it and wants me to take it so he can have the space back. I have done my research and I have read the unfortunate circumstances regarding the closing of Beaver, but I cannot find much about an of their machines. Any help any one can give is greatly appreciated.

-Shep

m_c
26-06-2015, 10:50 AM
I'm not sure if any of those who has experience of those mills are still around this site.
The Yasnac control could pretty much be described as an antique, however if it still works and meets your requirements, then I wouldn't go rushing out to replace it. I would however plan for doing a retrofit at some point.
What kind of toolchanger is it? One arm bandit aka Summit? If it is, I do have a manual, although it is for an early design, but the same basic movements apply.
Have you tried having a search over on the practical machinist forums?
If you can ignore all the idiots who think anything more than 10 year old or non-big name is rubbish, there are some helpful guys who know about older machines.

sshep71
27-06-2015, 06:29 AM
M_C,

I wasn't sure if I would be lucky enough to come across someone with experience, but I figured this would be a good start. From what I have seen the controller does work, and for right now it will do what I need it to do. I am going to look into a retrofit down the line, but that will have to wait until many other projects are finished. The tool changer is a one arm style as you mentioned. Any manuals, or advice that I can get is greatly appreciated. I have tried doing a search over on Practical Machinist, I found some answers, however it is the typical "not a HAAS, not a Bridgeport" nonsense as you mentioned.

m_c
27-06-2015, 11:36 AM
PM Sent.

"not a HAAS, not a Bridgeport"
:-)
Just think of the Beaver as a Bridgeport but built properly ;-)

graffian
28-06-2015, 04:13 AM
I have the Yasnac MX1 manuals for a Matsuura.

Lee
24-11-2018, 03:41 AM
Hi, Shep
Does the machine still run?
I put the writing on the panels, it used to be my machine.
Looks like a couple of pics I have somewhere.

driftspin
24-11-2018, 07:36 PM
Hi, Shep
Does the machine still run?
I put the writing on the panels, it used to be my machine.
Looks like a couple of pics I have somewhere.HI Shep, Lee,

That is a 100% slam dunk.

What are the chances of this happening. :-) :-)

This proves again this forum is golden.

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk