PDA

View Full Version : motor control

Phil Gravett
08-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Does anybody know anything about these--[B]Lini- stepper motor controller kit 4 CNC Mill / Lath ebay 290278669777

Phil.

John S
08-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Where's Ussex ? is it near Essex ?:heehee:

Phil Gravett
09-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Where's Ussex ? is it near Essex ?:heehee:

It is meant to be Sussex but for some reason this bloody Vista Laptop decides to put letters in where and when it feels like it and I didn't notice and do not know how to change. P.

Phil Gravett
09-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Unipolar only.....Old design....cheap though!

Not sure what unipolar means. ?

irving2008
09-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Not sure what unipolar means. ?
Unipolar - current flows through coils in one direction. Generally a unipolar motor windings have a centre tap connected to one side of the supply (usually +ve) and the ends of the coil windings are conencted by the driver circuit to the othe side (usually -ve or ground)

Bipolar: both ends of the coil are driven by the driver and current flows in both directions through the coil.

Bipolar gives higher torque/speed

Phil Gravett
09-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Google is your friend.
Point taken. Sometimes I forget !
Phil.

Phil Gravett
09-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Unipolar - current flows through coils in one direction. Generally a unipolar motor windings have a centre tap connected to one side of the supply (usually +ve) and the ends of the coil windings are conencted by the driver circuit to the othe side (usually -ve or ground)

Bipolar: both ends of the coil are driven by the driver and current flows in both directions through the coil.

Bipolar gives higher torque/speed

Thanks, I've got that now. Phil.