PDA

View Full Version : Help please - Leadshine EM806 over-current error

Noplace
23-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Hi , appreciate if anyone could assist me on this, I have 4 of the EM806 and all are working fine except the one for my Z axis, it was working fine at the beginning yesterday ( it was first time connecting everything and it was fine ) but later I noticed it stopped responding and the EM806 keeps giving the error led, checked through the serial port and found its over current error, I'm not able to clear it even after powering down and changing the settings to lower current. the error comes only when the driver is connected to the motor.

any idea how to fix it? thanks!

dodgygeeza
24-08-2015, 08:07 AM
try it on another motor.

Noplace
24-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Hi little update, I removed the cable which was connecting the motor to the driver and everything is working fine. my setup is like this:

Driver to short cable to 4 pin male mounted in enclosure -> cable with female and male 4 pin ends -> motor with female 4 pin.

so the problem is the cable and probably my soldering skills, however I have just tested the same cable with continuity test and all pins are fine. the only thing is that its the longest cable I have ( littler more than 4 meters ) , could the impedance or something from that length affect the signal? I somehow doubt it but what are your thoughts electrical guys?

thanks!

Clive S
25-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Hi little update, I removed the cable which was connecting the motor to the driver and everything is working fine. my setup is like this:

Driver to short cable to 4 pin male mounted in enclosure -> cable with female and male 4 pin ends -> motor with female 4 pin.

so the problem is the cable and probably my soldering skills, however I have just tested the same cable with continuity test and all pins are fine. the only thing is that its the longest cable I have ( littler more than 4 meters ) , could the impedance or something from that length affect the signal? I somehow doubt it but what are your thoughts electrical guys?

thanks!4 Mtr is no problem for the cable length I take it you are using 4 core CY cable