PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi from Lincolnshire

phoenix
25-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hi

I've been toying with the idea of building a CNC for many years mainly for wood and ali work.

But the time has come where i fell my life is empty without the use of a CNC to build all my projects (wife approval took the time)

My Master Plan :)

well my aim is to build a 5 axis CNC with a 2.2kw spindle to cope with the ali work, still deciding how i'm going to have my additional axis set

Regards

Phoenix (James)

Lee Roberts
25-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Hi James welcome to the forum!

5 axis has got my attention, allot go with a 4th but don't think I've seen a 5 on here yet!, good luck with the build and hope to see your progress on this.

.Me

phoenix
25-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Hi Lee,

i will keep you informed or the design, still deciding which is the best way to go with the additional axis. My mind is saying go with b + c on the x axis

so my build plan will have to be a standard 3 axis cnc router, followed by it milling its own B and C axis, i can then swap out the spindle holder and wire up the additional axis.

Hopefully this will keep the cost down a little, but the over all working size of the device i would like to be 1m x 1m x .5m, so fairly large working area.

Have Fun

James