PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Froggie

Latour
02-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Hello Everybody,
I am an active member of the machinist community in France. I am part of the team that is developping the leading custom machining marketplace website in France (that enables people to easily order online custom machined parts from machinists in France and Belgium) and would like to understand whether this concept could be interesting for the machinists in the UK.
I love eating froggs and snails, buy my baguette, and enjoy the company of French women. I am sure you too !
Cheers,
Simon (from Paris)

Lee Roberts
02-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Hi Simon,

What is the URL for that website, I have the same plan for freelancemachinist.com, maybe we could talk.

.Me

Latour
03-09-2015, 09:19 AM
Thank you for your interest. Looking at the name freelancemachinist.com, it seems to me that your site is very similar to what we did in France. The site is www.usineur.fr . To see it in English, I guess you can try to use google translate.
The idea is based on the elance.com concept and applied to machining custom parts.
Actually, it's quite easy to translate usineur.fr into English. The challenge would be to find the right keywords to get enough visibility on Google.
The site has reached a fair success in the machinist community in France, it's recognized as the best place for individuals or small companies to get custom machined parts in low quantities. People are often seriously struggling to find a solution and the site is a solution to this problem. On the other side, machinists all across France are happy to get an easy access to orders and enjoy the simplicity of the site.
Simon

Crazy L
04-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Welcome to this engineering gaff. Enjoy your stay.:thumsup: