PDA

View Full Version : HELP Lathe spindle indexing for speed and screwing

keith wainwright
02-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Hello all I have hit the limit of my knowledge and its bl***y frustrating. I am trying to get the index function to work in mach 3 . The settings in mach are no problem (i think) as i can get the index to work in a simple way but i don't trust its accuracy. What i have done is wire a reed switch to a bob input and have a magnet pass it every rev and this works sort of . Problem is it vibrates and it may not be accurate enough to screw. it displays the revs ok and lets me calibrate the spindle ok but would rather use a disk and sensor set up. So bought on of these EE-SX672A Slot 5mm Photo Micro Sensor Switch ( don't know how to change font back) So it has 4 connections +, -, L, and out,. I have a12 volt 200 ma supply and the input on my bob reads 14 volts 8.8 ma . thats milliamp not mega amp . so please does any one know how to wire this and if so can you please tell me .I have got every thing to work properly even the tool changer but this has got me stumped thanks

JohnHaine
03-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Data sheet is at http://datasheet.octopart.com/EE-SX671-Omron-datasheet-134124.pdf and it includes a circuit diagram. +12 v goes to the +, 0v goes to -, out goes to +12 v through say a 4k7 resistor, and also to your BoB input, L is left unconnected. The 0v of your psu should also be connected to the 0v on the BoB. Try that for starters, may need to fiddle with the mach3 settings as well. Don't bother with a reed, it will not respond fast enough and will bounce and give spurious pulses. Remember Mach3 only wants one pulse per rev. Have fun.

keith wainwright
04-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Ok thanks for the help . I put + wire to the 24 volt supply on the bob - to ground on the bob and out to pin 11 on the bob . Then i set pin 11 active low in settings for index and a-presto it worked . Magic ? its good stuff .thanks