PDA

View Full Version : cutting mdf faster

Blackrat
18-09-2015, 10:58 AM
i can cut mdf at 7m/min , but i find that im loosing accuracy going faster ... if i cut a puzzle piece for example , the pieces are hard to press together

my accl on mach3 is 600mm , is this a reasonable amount ?

im still learning on how to tune a servo system, so just trying to find out what parameters adjust what

also with the G code , i cant remember the g number, but one ensures that you get nice sharp corners , the other rounds the corners ... anyone got some reading about it ? at the moment im doing loops on the corners and it gives an excellent finish

how do the guys cut at 15-20m/min and still get sharp corners ?

i realize on tight curves the machine cant accelerate to get to 15-20m/min , is it that the machine just deaccl enough to have a sharp edge ? so it will de accelrate at 600mm ?

Christian Knuell
18-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Hi,

my accl on mach3 is 600mm , is this a reasonable amount ?

this is something you have to determine experimentally. Acceleration is physically limited by the machines inertia - you can try to get as close to the limit as possible - but in the end you can't trick physics.

also with the G code , i cant remember the g number, but one ensures that you get nice sharp corners , the other rounds the corners ... anyone got some reading about it ? at the moment im doing loops on the corners and it gives an excellent finish

Its G61 for exact path vs G64 for keeping speed.
If you choose G61 your machine will decelerate in sharp corners but the parts will be more accurate.
If you choose G64 the machine will keep its speed but the tolerances will be larger.

how do the guys cut at 15-20m/min and still get sharp corners ?

With very low inertia machines (light components / very strong servos)

Christian