PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi guys

chrisjames
20-10-2015, 08:41 PM
Hi,

I'm very new to the whole CNC world. I started out it looking into it as a means to an end but now can't get enough of it all. I've been looking into getting a CNC mill for a while and have been reading various forums for a while but have learnt Al I can in the back ground so thought I'd get involved and ask some questions / seek some help.

I tried to leave a question on another thread so if that one comes up in really sorry!!

I'm looking into getting a mill with a small workspace for work about 60 x 60 x 10 (watch case making)
im looking to spend about £1000 and that includes any modifications I'd need to do to the mill. It's intended for prototyping as opposed to manufacturing on any scale but I will be machining stainless steel so it needs to be sturdy.

Ideally I need tolerances of 0.05mm but I'm not worried about how long a piece will take to machine etc I just need to start prototyping so can't spend too much time modifying and playing around with it which I can see is easily done.

any advice or help would be much appreciated!

kind regards,

Chris

Lee Roberts
03-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Hi Chris welcome to the forum and the party!

Pleased to see you've got the cnc bug!, your research should put you in good standing when choosing and deciding what to go for.

Don't worry about the questions, as long as you get them out there, it doesn't really matter where you ask them, we can take care of that for you if need be and move them :).

Good luck with your adventures, similar requirements and questions have been asked previously so I'm confident you'll find the info you need, I'll add that if you could squeeze another £1k into the budget, you'll have a much better scope for choice, again it depends how deeply involved you want to actually get but it's not imposable with a £1k.

Jump in and get your questions down, I'm sure you'll get the advice you need.

.Me