PDA

View Full Version : Meshcam / questions

dudz
29-10-2015, 01:48 PM
I use Mach3 and full version of cambam. I want a cad/cam software package because I have a million other hobbies and don't want to spend too much time figuring it out. (nothing over 500$)
I have tried lots of cad/cam free demos, but I find Meshcam the easiest by far to pick up, and I like the fact I can create 2.5D carvings from scanned photos too. Although I have not perfected any yet.

My Question is for anyone who has the full addition Meshcam or Meshcam art..... Do you find you need other Cad software or any other file conversion software to be able to create what you want ?. Is there anything this software greatly lacks ?

I use me CNC occasionally to mill small billet aluminium parts and I want to create carvings in hardwood also.

komatias
30-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Isnt the demo of Meshcam fully functional? I downloaded it but didnt have the chance to investigate it too in depth.

For any serious CAD I use serious CAD software like ProE. Then again, I don't use CAM to just do the 3D models, I need them for FEA or getting professional level engineering drawings. If you just need the basic stuff, have a go at Autodesk Fusion 360. I have been using that for CAM as it has some nice 3D CAM functionality and is very similar to Inverntor and HSM

I can see the attraction of the Art side of mesh cam though.