PDA

View Full Version : Harrison M300 cnc

keith wainwright
15-12-2015, 08:11 PM
I have just got my hands on a very nice Harrison M300 CNC with a very old hydenhine Control box . The box does not work but the guy who sold it to me got the machine to work using another box and it works very well . So I need to convert to mach3 ? Question 1 to all the experts , can I use the existing drive motors also can I use the drives . If not what size stepper / servo motors do I need . That's all for now until I strip things a bit and find more detail thanks.

uli12us
15-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Before you make pictures and give us the exact numbers and producer of the electronic parts, no one can say what you can use further. In many old machines, the parts were controlled with +/- 10V. In this case, you can use it, with a new controller board.

JAZZCNC
16-12-2015, 12:29 AM
Keith give me a ring and I'll come have a look one night. Lost your number.

keith wainwright
16-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Thanks the lathe wont be in the garage until Sunday Will phone you then

JAZZCNC
16-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Thanks the lathe wont be in the garage until Sunday Will phone you then

No Probs if you need hand getting it in let me know.

keith wainwright
24-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Hello I just got My Harrison M300 CNC into my workshop and I have exposed all the servo motors ,encoders and drives Do any of you out there know if I can run it with Mach3via some sort of BOB .
I have a list if part numbers 1 Z axis motor is a SEM Permenant magnet DC motor Type 30E4-30 with constant stall torque of 2.1nm 80 volts pulse amps 22 Xaxis is also sem type 30H4 constant stall torque 1.1 nm 120 volts . Both z and x drives are Anilam model GA4561-7L . THE X encoder is an anilam L25G-250-ABZ-7406B AND THE Z ENCODER IS ANILAM L25G-200-ABZ-7406R-SPTO2-S. If all this makes any sort off sense at all please help . Initially I need to know can the mach3 thing be achieved then I can figure out with help how.I have now got 3 small lathes running of mach3 using steppers but this is new to me . Thanks

keith wainwright
30-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Got 2 New servo motors an one drive on today Z axis a tight fit but it clears by about 6 mm

uli12us
30-12-2015, 11:59 PM
In the next weeks, I'll experimenting a bit with several Leadshine DCS810
DC-Drives. They can have 80V at 10Amps continous and 20Amps peak for 1 sek or so. If you don't have any manuals, then this parts can be good for your machine, although the Z-drive should be a little bit more capable
They write for motors up to 400W, but your 2,1Nm motor must have (at3000rpm) 660W.

keith wainwright
24-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Hello long time no see. Been busy . This is the story so far . My Harrison lathe now has 2 new servo motors and drives fitted. Not wired to smoothstepper yet but they do jog on the buttons nice. Got smoothstepper and 2 breakout boards fitted and wired to index disk and all the limits .Just got 1 problem . All the m3 m4 and m5 commands work fine but speed commands are totally ignored and it spins as fast as the invertor will let it go . Got lots of gears but I would like to vary it a little. The volts on the bob's stay at 10 (both bob's) all the time 0 to 10000000 rpm its all the same . Any ideas its driving me nuts.

komatias
25-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Hi Keith,

I assume you are using a good quality multimeter to measure the 10V voltage. My Maplin specials do not average enough to give a good measurement. They always give a peak measurement.

Have you gone through the spindle calibration so that Mach3 can write the linearity data?

have a look at this one too:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,15457.0.html

keith wainwright
03-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Hello .I finally got servo motors and all that's required working on my Harrison m 300 . but small problem . The lathe runs great forward and reverse (m3 m4)and stops fine (m5) it displays correct revs and feed per rev ok. Both long traverse and cross slide work fine on the buttons .Problem is if I type Go z200 it only goes to about 48 and stops . It reads 48 ish but wont go to 200 or any size bigger than 100 There's nothing in the way and makes no difference where the zero is. I can jog past no problem . Also it does this in the middle of a program and loses its way it then very quickly runs through the program to the m30 command and all it does is giggle the tool a little . Servo motors work good and are very accurate over small distances . ANY BODY any ideas its driving me mad . Its all running and I want to put the covers on and tidy it up . It runs through a force 9 Ethernet smoothstepper . The computer boots up and installs the plugin no probs. Thanks Forgot to mention when it loses its way or stops in wrong place E stop wont work nor will limit switches . I have to have my finger on the power switch.

John S
03-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Are you typing G Zero or G small o as you have written it ?

keith wainwright
03-05-2016, 07:10 PM
G0 From the numbers row . ie 01234 Its what I do at work thanks

JAZZCNC
03-05-2016, 07:28 PM
keith re-install Mach and try again. It could be Mach's gone tits up.

I had it do crazy thing on me other day in Mill mode. Was just like was stuck in Exact stop mode but it wasn't. Nothing I did made any difference and everything worked fine just machine was jerking it's head off.!! . . . Re-installed mach and away it went.

keith wainwright
03-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Thanks Dean that's what I had mind plus reinstall plugin .will do at weekend and let you know

keith wainwright
20-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Hello to all . Finally got it sorted ? The lathe was doing all kinds of crazy things , even the limit and e stop was dodgy. So I did a total reinstall off mach3 and smooth stepper drives. Still crazy .So I got the pc from the house and used that and its perfect. Does all the things it should . So got a used gaming pc ( fast processor and 8 meg memory) and that works fine too. Any one want a slightly dodgy ibm pc.

keith wainwright
21-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Made some bike parts today. Everything works well with the machine . The speed is correct and stable and the turning wizards all work fine. Then I tried to use the screw cutting wizard . 1 mm pitch is about 5 it cuts left to right and the clearance cuts the bolt . Its all reversed ?. any body any ideas