PDA

View Full Version : Exractor control

gorbo
22-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Hi all, I have a question, my extractor unit is in a not easily accessible place so the no-volt switch is awkward to get to and I don't want to move all the pipework.

What i would like to do is to move the switch by my bench, not a problem, what I would really like to do is have two no-volt switches one on each bench

Now can you have 2 no-volt switches on one machine? how would you wire it up? any foreseen problems?

Looking forward to your answers

John

cropwell
22-12-2015, 10:10 PM
This circuit is drawn for 6v but 240VAC is the same principle. It uses two normally open switches to turn on power and complete the loop that holds the relay on. and two normally closed switches as a hold loop which when you press one, lets the relay drop out. In my workshop, to switch single phase power, I use a 100A contactor with two poles used to switch live and neutral and the other to make the loop. It means I can put emergency switches round the place, but I only have one switch on point, near the door. It also means that I can switch off everything in one go, when I leave. It also acts as an NVR switch if there is a power failure.

NVR switches generally have a simpler design, where the ON button pushes the contacts and the Off button breaks contact or pushes the contacts apart, like the manual operation on a contactor.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Gytis
22-12-2015, 10:49 PM
have you ever thought about a wireless switch ?

Hi all, I have a question, my extractor unit is in a not easily accessible place so the no-volt switch is awkward to get to and I don't want to move all the pipework.

What i would like to do is to move the switch by my bench, not a problem, what I would really like to do is have two no-volt switches one on each bench

Now can you have 2 no-volt switches on one machine? how would you wire it up? any foreseen problems?

Looking forward to your answers

John

magicniner
23-12-2015, 12:54 AM
I use wireless switches for my lighting and one for the shop vacuum, for the vac the key-fob transmitter is on the end of the hose so wherever I have the hose running to in the workshop, there's the switch ;-)

- Nick

Blackrat
23-12-2015, 06:49 PM
do you have a link to the system you used please

gorbo
24-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the replys,

Went a different way in the end, put in a ceiling switch (ex shower ) in a central position works really well, merry Christmas all