PDA

View Full Version : 2008 EM 1325 CNC router

jegg
28-01-2016, 03:47 PM
I have a 2008 EM 1325 CNC and I'm having problems with the machine
wanting to go where it wants and putting cuts in the board where thiere not programmed
but I think the DSP needs changing does anyone know if this is possible?

Clive S
28-01-2016, 05:50 PM
I have a 2008 EM 1325 CNC and I'm having problems with the machine
wanting to go where it wants and putting cuts in the board where thiere not programmed
but I think the DSP needs changing does anyone know if this is possible?Hi jegg and welcome to the forum.
You will need to give more specific details of what is happening. Pictures of the inside of the control box etc. In what circumstances does it happen. Give as much info as you can.

JAZZCNC
28-01-2016, 11:19 PM
I think the DSP needs changing does anyone know if this is possible?

Depends if your meaning changing for a new DSP or to another controller like Mach3.? . . I don't like so won't use DSP but I think they can be bought so direct replacement shouldn't be difficult.

If your meaning to another Controller type, which is what I'd recommend, then you'll need Break out board and to match the DSP in performance terms an external motion control card.

Your next question will most likely be how difficult.? Not very if your electricly minded but if not then leave it alone because it won't be simple as plug n play.
Next will be how Much.? Can't accurately answer that because several types and manufacturers all with different prices but expect £200 + for decent setup.