View Full Version : V fold Tape

10-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Been doing a lot of V-fold mitres on boxes that then need veneering. I want to start using pre veneered stock instead so need to protect the edges and provide more clamping force that I currently can with the tapes I have been using.

Searching for tapes that other use brings up lot of US sites that recomend lots of different tapes, mainly 3M 2515, 2517, 2757, and sometimes 355, none of which are available in the UK. The closest I can find is 3M 250 but that is only an inch wide, ideally it would be 2 inches.

What do some of the more intensive cabinet makers here use?

Specs need to be, at least .15mm thick, silicone or rubber based adhesive, 2 inch wide. Anyone any idea? I can buy a whole box from the states but the shipping is silly.

Please help, places in the UK must be doing mitre folding and using tape surely?

Thanks in advance


10-02-2016, 10:38 PM
I really am pulling my hair out with this one (well what I've got left of it) I've searched and searched, surely there must be somewhere in the UK that sell s something suitable!

Boyan Silyavski
11-02-2016, 06:16 AM
Any packing shop online will sell you a paper packing tape which is fiber reinforced. You can not break the damn thing even if you want to. Typically comes 50mm wide/ ~2 inch/

Its called shipping tape, reinforced kraft tape, packing paper tape, ...