PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Help from Wales, looking for cnc Hotwire machine builders

Nitrus
19-02-2016, 11:41 AM
Hi guys,

I just had someone recommend this forum at Cnc Zone.

badically I am looking for someone to help or build a
cnc Hotwire machine to cut polystyrene blocks.

i have machines in place that can copy from (improve).

also would need a machine that can cut cubes or pads
(slicer/dicer).

Thanks in advance !

JAZZCNC
20-02-2016, 12:39 PM
I'm massively busy but if you don't get any offers to help or build then drop me PM with your email and I'll have a look at it for you you.

When you say would need slicer dicer machine. Are you thinking 2 different machines or saying you want this machine to do both jobs.?

If one machne for both are you thinking two wires horizontal and vertical on separate moving axis or one wire with turn table.?

Nitrusoxide
20-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Hi I'm thinking of having 2 machines. The slicer machine would be able to cut up and down and then a separate head for left and right. I can grab a picture to get the rough idea of both.

JAZZCNC
20-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Hi I'm thinking of having 2 machines. The slicer machine would be able to cut up and down and then a separate head for left and right. I can grab a picture to get the rough idea of both.

Yes think I know what you mean but pics always help. Why two machines.? Twin axis machine could do both jobs or would they be running side by side at same time.?

Nitrusoxide
20-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Yes think I know what you mean but pics always help. Why two machines.? Twin axis machine could do both jobs or would they be running side by side at same time.?

thats interesting, I have always worked with separate machines but if one can be produced all the better.

Nitrusoxide
20-02-2016, 06:23 PM
Hopefully this works, one of the slicer dicer and profiler (cnc) machine. These are 20 years plus designs fhoug