PDA

View Full Version : funny noise from steppers.

Davo242
08-03-2016, 10:02 PM
hi folks just wondering if anyone has or had the same issue as myself with there machine.
doing a circle test on it today as i have just got everything going and it sounds if its going to stall when trying to do a circle. on the other hand i can move it in both directions at once with the key board in jog.
i have attached a link to a video

https://youtu.be/z0OFB0u54cY

JAZZCNC
08-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Turn the feed rate up.
Just sounds like very low feed rate and because your using R&P with possible Low resolution then your motors are hardly spinning. Where as at rapid they are spinning at higher rpm so sound better.

Clive S
08-03-2016, 10:47 PM
hi folks just wondering if anyone has or had the same issue as myself with there machine.
doing a circle test on it today as i have just got everything going and it sounds if its going to stall when trying to do a circle. on the other hand i can move it in both directions at once with the key board in jog.
i have attached a link to a video

https://youtu.be/z0OFB0u54cYWhat drives and power supply voltage did you end up with?

Duffman
09-03-2016, 04:13 PM
They are still the same ones running at 36v Clive only I made up a gear box at a 3:1 ratio running far smoother now. Il work with the drivers until they die and then upgrade to a better set lol

Clive S
09-03-2016, 04:18 PM
They are still the same ones running at 36v Clive only I made up a gear box at a 3:1 ratio running far smoother now. Il work with the drivers until they die and then upgrade to a better set lolWell you could try measuring the voltage of the power supply when it is under load cutting the circle and see if it drops much

edit Not sure who I have answered now Davo242 or Duffman !!

Duffman
09-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Ok if it does Clive do u think il need to change my drivers because I cant give them much more juice ?? Funny tho it jogs in both directions at once

Davo242
09-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Tried running it at a faster speed sounds a lot better now thanks for the help guys:05.18-flustered: