PDA

View Full Version : Fusion 360 part is 4 x larger, what am I doing wrong?

terry1956
09-03-2016, 07:45 PM
hi. I am having a few faults with my mill and wonder if someone out there can help. I am using the following software. to draw the part I am using solidworks and then importing to fusion 360 to make the g code. I check the drawing worksheet in fusion to make sure that the part is correct.
then I download the g code to mach 3. but when I start milling on my little proxxon mf70 the part is 4 x larger. what am I doing wrong.
michael

Clive S
09-03-2016, 10:42 PM
hi. I am having a few faults with my mill and wonder if someone out there can help. I am using the following software. to draw the part I am using solidworks and then importing to fusion 360 to make the g code. I check the drawing worksheet in fusion to make sure that the part is correct.
then I download the g code to mach 3. but when I start milling on my little proxxon mf70 the part is 4 x larger. what am I doing wrong.
michael

OK first does the machine move the correct distance from the commanded move ie zero you x axis and then send it a G0 X50 it should move exactly. 50mm

Do this with the other axis. and report back.

JAZZCNC
09-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Does your machine move the correct distance when told to.? . . . You could have the Steps Per setting wrong.!

Only other thing can think of is if you have entered a Scaling factor into Mach but you'd know this because the Scale would Falsh Yellow.

Other than that without seeing the Cad model and G-code file can't really help.

ba99297
10-03-2016, 09:25 AM
As i am not an expert i am not the best one to advice people, BUT check if you have any issues from mm to inches as 4 X 1 inch(2,54 cm)=10,16 cm. So may be a compbination of what Dean said ( scale factor X 10 ) and cm instead of inches or any program factor that converts inches to decimeters.
Just an idea

Vagelis