PDA

View Full Version : Wanted CAD and CAM software

Crichards
14-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Im looking for anyone wanting to sell on a seat of CAD and Cam such as BobCad, AutoCad etc..

Anything considered

Thanks,
Chris

Ger21
14-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Why not just download Fusion 360, and sign up as a Startup or hobbyist, which makes it free.

eurikain
14-03-2016, 11:19 PM
Good advice :)

Wait, I think there's a ger21 with +26,000 posts on cnczone.com, would that be you ?

Ger21
14-03-2016, 11:21 PM
Yes, it is I.

Crichards
14-03-2016, 11:31 PM
ger21 thanks for the suggestion I have vaguely looked at the the Fusion 360 but I'm rural and Im sure it will need a fast internet connection to be of any use. I'd also prefer to own something I can use and not risk loosing in the future along with access to all my drawings.

Ger21
14-03-2016, 11:39 PM
If the alternative was BobCAD, I'd take the risk. :uncomfortableness:

You can work offline with Fusion, and go online every two weeks or so to update and save to the cloud.
You can also export your models and drawings locally, so you don't have to worry about losing anything.
But I seriously doubt that Autodesk is going to shut it down after all they've put into it.

A free AutoCAD clone is Draftsight, which you can download. If your on a budget, look at CamBAM for CAM.

But an awful lot of people are jumping on the Fusion bandwagon (myself included). Even if you pay for the subscription, you can't get more power for the price.

Crichards
14-03-2016, 11:57 PM
I've not tried the Cam side of Bobcad but the 3d modeling side on the current version is on a par with the more expensive software ive tested. I know the sales guys seem desperate like, hence getting one over by going for a second hand seat :-) Id consider anything I can model 3d at a reasonable pace, I wont dismiss fusion 360 but a 1gb download takes 24hours and can drop any moment here so anything that involves internet and getting a job done = frustrations :-) I can't stream videos or anything im in internet poverty :-(

eurikain
16-03-2016, 01:12 AM
Yes, it is I.
It is an honour seeing you on the European side ! Hmm, shall I say the light side of the force :D

Ger21
16-03-2016, 01:25 AM
I wont dismiss fusion 360 but a 1gb download takes 24hours and can drop any moment here so anything that involves internet and getting a job done = frustrations :-)

I could be wrong, but I think the download is a lot smaller than 1Gb.
And as I said, you can work without being connected to the internet, if you connect every two weeks ago to "sync" up with the cloud.

It may no be an ideal solution with your internet situation, but it may be worth a try.