PDA

View Full Version : BUILD LOG: Desktop CNC build

Megamolis
24-03-2016, 05:54 PM
So my project sort of started and this should be my my build log which hopefully will be updated often enough. Currently I have some parts as you can see here:
Now I'm starting to plan out my actual frame construction. Thing is I would like parts to be more or less pre machined for me so that I just can assemble them together and that's it. So far I'm thinking would it be better do design it from sheet aluminium and order it up or go with T-slot extrusions? What about price if anyone had any experience with both of them would be great to know how that gone.

lucan07
24-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Looks similar to my intentions for my latest build, Rails & Screws for1000x600x300 2 screws on Y, either way would work. I am going for an aluminium build rather than V Slot as it will be stronger for same price and work, I have a good supply and a solid table to build on (http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/9678-Aluminium-Framed-Router)
It depends to some extent what tools/facilities etc you have available to work with, I have some cutting and a lot of Drilling tapping to assemble V-slot will let you use T-nuts at a price unless you can make your own. Think about your design price up components and load on here for some advice I did and completely changed first design and will probably change more as I go. I have used a lot of V_Slot on laser cutters engravers and 3d Printers the right sruff can be strong and rigid also a little expensive.

ArgeleIntili
14-06-2016, 06:49 AM
Thanks for sharing the post.