PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Buy a CNC Machine

theceo
31-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Hello My name is Carlos and I looking to buy a CNC Router Engraving Machine 3040T 3th Axis to use to make 1/2 inch thick wooden letters for my business about 11inch high and 9in in width just wanted to know if this is a good machine to use.

Clive S
31-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Hello My name is Carlos and I looking to buy a CNC Router Engraving Machine 3040T 3th Axis to use to make 1/2 inch thick wooden letters for my business about 11inch high and 9in in width just wanted to know if this is a good machine to use.Welcome to the forum Carlos, For your business use it might as well be a door stop. There is a clue in the name. Search on the forum for these and you will see. What sort of budget do you do you have for it?

komatias
31-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Hola Carlos,

As Clive says, dont bother. If it is just cutting out letters you want, then it is better to get a laser cutter with around 80W for the 1/2" thick ply. If you cut pine, then you should be able to cut 1/2" with 50W.

I have a 3040T and would not use it for anything apart from engraving plastics. There are versions with a water cooled spindle but these are let down by the rest of the machine.

Regards

theceo
31-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Thank you for the feed back, and my budget isn't much because I don't want to put to much into the machine just yet and it doesn't do what I need it to do.

theceo
01-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Question for you komatias I have seen a few videos of the 3040t cutting and it cuts metal very well don't see why it cant or wont cut wood like I need it to in fact the company that I have ordered letters from uses a similar machine