PDA

View Full Version : I need a Good CNC Machine for cutting letters out of wood for under 800.00

theceo
01-04-2016, 08:13 PM
I have watched videos and even cut wood myself with my inexpensive router saw, but now I need a machine to cut the letters so that I can get better more precession cut. Now the 3040 machine that I have watched cut metal online seems to be capable of doing that, but I keep hearing that the machine that I thought would work for me wont can someone tell me a good machine I can get to do some light wood work about 10 letters a day for under 800.00 dollars.

magicniner
01-04-2016, 08:50 PM
I can't find a good video of one cutting aluminium, they all sound like the cutter is bouncing around or the machine is vibrating terminally and none that I can find give an in-focus shot of the surface finish on the cuts.
Can you link to the videos you're referring to?

lucan07
01-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Best of luck I have repaired a couple and decided to build my own CNC as my 3d printers were of a stronger construction than the 3040, my 3d printer also cut hardwood better than the cheap 3040's when I clamped the 400w spindle onto it.

magicniner
02-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Oh, go on then, you obviously need someone to tell you how fantastic a 3040 will be and can't hear anything else, so just buy one then come back in six months and tell us how it's going ;-)

komatias
02-04-2016, 11:41 AM
I can't find a good video of one cutting aluminium, they all sound like the cutter is bouncing around or the machine is vibrating terminally and none that I can find give an in-focus shot of the surface finish on the cuts.
Can you link to the videos you're referring to?

What he said

magicniner
02-04-2016, 12:20 PM
The reason everyone involved thinks they are great is that not one of them has ever operated a machine that's adequately engineered.
It's the CAD/CAM generation which assumes that basic skills and knowledge aren't required innit?

:D

Davek0974
02-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Oh, go on then, you obviously need someone to tell you how fantastic a 3040 will be and can't hear anything else, so just buy one then come back in six months and tell us how it's going ;-)

Buy one and come back next week when you can't get the motors to move because the stupid stop button is locked down inside the damn case ;)

Seriously though, for cutting letters out of wood only, I would stump up some extra $$$ and look for an 80W laser.