PDA

View Full Version : S.t.l file download

Warden5
08-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Hi all, I am new to cnc, running boxford software on a A3 router, thought I would try some 3D stuff - but having trouble with importing stl files into the 3D geocam programme.Seems to download ok,put it in the box,click on open and It says it doesn't recognise the format, I have tried others with the same result. I must be doing something wrong !!
any help would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has had the same experience . . . . please tell:redface:
Thanks

Neale
08-04-2016, 05:40 PM
STL files can be either binary or ascii format. Maybe your CAM programme can only read one of these? Not sure where your STL files have come from but if you are generating them yourself, you could try saving in the "other" format?

Warden5
09-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the response, the files I have tried were free downloads off the net. I don't have a programme to generate 3D models.
I will have to look into it further, it appears to be a mine field- and I am entering into !

lucan07
09-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Jump onto tinkercad to produce STL files easily it is childs play my grandchildren love it and its free.

Warden5
10-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Ok, had a go on tinkercad,seems reasonably easy -even for me !
thanks